Round 1- William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

Governm

2 minutes ago, MakeAdjustments said:

I don't see McMinn losing to Bearden. Ironside can play, but McMinn is very physical, and from what I have seen Bearden doesn't match up well with them. I haven't seen much of DB this year but from what I have read and seen from WB, DB will come out and pound them. I see a very physical game next week between McMinn and DB.

Sometimes in the playoffs (and especially in the first round) the underdog tends to throw everything they got at you. A nothing to lose attitude. It's hard to beat the same team twice in one season. And with the Bearden QB back for this game It could be very different. In DB's case even with the injury situation they are good enough to beat WB by 21. But who knows which DB team will show up. They looked terrible in the first half of the Boone and Morristown game's, didn't show up for the Science Hill game, but looked pretty good in the other 7 games. Their known for spotting the other team 100 yards in penalties. If DB comes out with conservative play calling like that last head coach was famous for they lose for sure. DB needs to play this one like their the underdog and throw everything they got at WB.

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I wish they would show the tiebreaker results. I guess the first one is head to head, which was a three way tie. Is overall record second? I guess it was based on opponents record? 

In a three way tie, D below is applied, I believe.

image.png.c1181be3db3522b0c0c6e7adf292deaa.png

Edited by OldRebel2

2 hours ago, MakeAdjustments said:

This will get ugly. McMinn vs DB in 2nd round will be one of the most physical games of the year! 

Don't be surprised to see Bearden beat McMinn County and the don't be surprised to see Bearden beat D-B. I"ve seen both of these teams play Maryville and Bearden didn't have Ironside and the McMinn game was in a pouring rain but McMinn didn't show me anything at all. I watched the D-B and Alcoa game twice on Diamond Clear and if Bearden wins this Friday I wouldn't call into work to ask the boss if I can have half the day off in two weeks to go to Kingsport.

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I wish they would show the tiebreaker results. I guess the first one is head to head, which was a three way tie. Is overall record second? I guess it was based on opponents record? 

It came down to record and then went to head to head because we were tied with Cleveland in region wins and overall wins. We got in because we beat Cleveland head to head.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

37 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Don't be surprised to see Bearden beat McMinn County and the don't be surprised to see Bearden beat D-B. I"ve seen both of these teams play Maryville and Bearden didn't have Ironside and the McMinn game was in a pouring rain but McMinn didn't show me anything at all. I watched the D-B and Alcoa game twice on Diamond Clear and if Bearden wins this Friday I wouldn't call into work to ask the boss if I can have half the day off in two weeks to go to Kingsport.

Good.

• CoachT locked this topic