Round 1- William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

Governm

17 minutes ago, strongx said:

All four Blount county schools in the playoffs this year - impressive!

If all four make it to the 2nd round that will be impressive.I was going to say if DB made it to the 2nd round it would be impressive but Blazer said they had that in the bag.

Edited by lawnman

13 hours ago, lawnman said:

If all four make it to the 2nd round that will be impressive.I was going to say if DB made it to the 2nd round it would be impressive but Blazer said they had that in the bag.

Over the past few years DB has had some whopper early exits in the playoffs after running the table in the regular season, primarily at the hands of 2 teams who are once again in the path this year.     So here's the thing....   To be BLOUNT, the Tribe must MCMINNimize mistakes in order to get to the Maryville quarterfinal game.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Over the past few years DB has had some whopper early exits in the playoffs after running the table in the regular season, primarily at the hands of 2 teams who are once again in the path this year.     So here's the thing....   To be BLOUNT, the Tribe must MCMINNimize mistakes in order to get to the Maryville quarterfinal game.

IT will be interesting to see what happens but I’m still confused how they got beat by SH.I know it’s a rivalry game but just didn’t see them getting beat in that game.

1 hour ago, lawnman said:

IT will be interesting to see what happens but I’m still confused how they got beat by SH.I know it’s a rivalry game but just didn’t see them getting beat in that game.

DB had over 100 yrds in penalties. DB's only pass defense is a strong and fast pass rush. They have no defensive backfield to speak of. Science Hill has a decent quarterback and offensive line. They threw short/quick passes and that's all it took to beat DB. Science Hill had only 11 yards rushing for the game. With over 250 yards passing and the 100 yard "gift" from DB, that's over 350 yards. The play calling on offense was pretty predictable most of the game. I actually thought DB would go down and score on their last drive and win the game but they seemed to be in a panic. Reminded me a lot of that last head coach. First time I'd seen that all year though. Game day coaching has been good. Science Hill is not a very good team.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

DB had over 100 yrds in penalties. DB's only pass defense is a strong and fast pass rush. They have no defensive backfield to speak of. Science Hill has a decent quarterback and offensive line. They threw short/quick passes and that's all it took to beat DB. Science Hill had only 11 yards rushing for the game. With over 250 yards passing and the 100 yard "gift" from DB, that's over 350 yards. The play calling on offense was pretty predictable most of the game. I actually thought DB would go down and score on their last drive and win the game but they seemed to be in a panic. Reminded me a lot of that last head coach. First time I'd seen that all year though. Game day coaching has been good. Science Hill is not a very good team.

It seems like penalties has been a problem for DB all year but they are definitely playing better football and played Alcoa pretty dang good.You have said all along the pass defense is not that good so I can see why they had trouble beating SH but just didn’t see that loss coming.

• Upvote 1

• CoachT locked this topic