Round 1- William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

Governm

23 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Say what?!?!      DB steamrolled Bearden earlier

McMinn Co. steamrolled Bearden earlier also, 37-13. Bearden beat them tonight 23-6. DB "steamrolled" Bearden earlier 39-14. See what I mean. DB has one week to figure out how to defend the pass. Something they haven't figured out in 30 years. The best chance to advance to the third round was with playing McMinn next week not Bearden.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

How did you all lose to a team 23-17 that we beat 42-0 tonight. S.H. is totally pathetic and you all lost to them. How did that happen? Their one of the worst teams we have played all year.

Rivalry game that DB once ruled ... it was simply a strange game , they did not look anything like they have all season .. Just like the radio announcers said tonight "the heart of our team got hurt in first quarter of SH game ( sat out of Alcoa game)  and when he is out there , this team plays and feeds off of him  like they have all season  " 

10 minutes ago, kingindian33 said:

Rivalry game that DB once ruled ... it was simply a strange game , they did not look anything like they have all season .. Just like the radio announcers said tonight "the heart of our team got hurt in first quarter of SH game ( sat out of Alcoa game)  and when he is out there , this team plays and feeds off of him  like they have all season  " 

Some truth to what you say but really there's no excuse for losing that game. On any other night DB is 30 points better than Science Hill. Held them to just 13 yards rushing but gave up 250 yrds passing. And there was that 100 yard gift from penalties. Science Hill got 14 points off penalties. The staff has done a good job of play calling all season but not so much that night.

6 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Not very hospitable folks at DB. First place I've been this year that I had any issues getting in the gate with my equipment

I don't think I've seen a bigger bunch of crybaby's during my many years on CoachT.  If you ever come back to Kingsport for a game maybe you could send us a list of things that will make you happy and we'll see if we can have it all ready for you. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't think I've seen a bigger bunch of crybaby's during my many years on CoachT.  If you ever come back to Kingsport for a game maybe you could send us a list of things that will make you happy and we'll see if we can have it all ready for you. 

Not complaining, Wackoff. Just calling it like I see it. I showed up needing to get set up for a broadcast and I was held up about five minutes or so at the gate. No other school has ever done that. Ever.

Also, I got up to the press box and your guys acted like it was an inconvenience to let us have a spot clearly marked "visitor radio." Your radio guys wanted to use that for their extra stuff.  I heard them complaining about us setting up equipment. Uh yeah... It takes equipment to do a broadcast. 

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

• CoachT locked this topic