Round 1- William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

Governm

On 11/12/2019 at 3:19 PM, Red Rebels said:

Let's say you are a new guy from Duck Branch, NC. I have been on the T since 2003. You will not believe how many times a transplant, half-back, snow bird, witness security program, retiree... has come on here and said, We do it better in _____________ where we have a big ole school with a funny name that will stomp a mud hole in the little ole teams from Maryville/Alcoa.  My son in law played for a very successful high school in another state that played @ De La Salle, vs. Apopka, FL, @ Oscar Smith (Chesapeake, VA), vs. Mallard Creek. He has attended many Maryville games. He says we could hold our own with anybody. 

PS: He beat Mallard Creek, so I'll take his word for it.  

Byrnes-defeats-Mallard-Creek-in-a-classi

Ive got a son in law that came to a Mavs game and said theres no one in Tennessee that could stay on the field with them.                                                                                                                                                                  P.S He beat Maryville,So ill take his word!!!!..He said yall even lost to little 2A Alcoa...Youre right,Maryville don't need to play dem Mavs...Keep playing Saint Marys School For The Blind and Fulton Girls Boarding School...LOL...Im done Jr.....

On 11/12/2019 at 6:29 PM, Shadroach said:

Willie, Keep in mind I am a WB fan. I support the team all the way. To address your point on Shad winning State Championships no comparison between the talent level of these two teams. I said in a different thread "coaching WB after Blackman is like moving from a F-16 to a crop duster". His 6A team was a push button team WB is all manual. Helen Keller could've coached Blackman but WB will take a coach not trying to baffle opponents with slick play calls. It'll take a hands on guy prepared to get his hands dirty teaching fundamentals, Putting in the time developing players, calling plays that fit the skills of players on the roster not a one size fits all playbook. Willie would you possibly shut your eyes and just for a minute or two and see a young hungry coach with his whole career ahead of him coming in and working day and night during the season instead of taking the bye week off and acting like the football team is a PE class. A guy that would get involved one on one with the fans and parents. A guy that can create a buzz on campus with the students who have been extraordinarily loyal year in and year out. A guy that takes pride in promoting his players to the college level coaches acting as if each player is his own son. Give it a shot Willie. That school deserves a coach willing to put in the time and extra effort.

He's just down the road from the school and we are too stupid to see it. Coach Ryan at Greenback would be a homerun! I've wached many of his teams play and they really can put on a show. Might be hard to get him but could at least try. Would definitly bring excitement to the program. 

9 minutes ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

I would like to see if Mighty Maryville could!Or are they scared to Run with the 21st ranked team in the nation?Show me Maryvilles games where they've played anyone that counted!..You cant and want,And don't even try that Oakland mess.Only team yall play worth anything is little ole Alcoa which is a 2A school.Yall run with the 6A big dogs just have ya coach or AD set up a game with little ole 4AA Mallard.

Won’t* smh  not want 

Edited by rebelwoman87

3 hours ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

Ive got a son in law that came to a Mavs game and said theres no one in Tennessee that could stay on the field with them.                                                                                                                                                                  P.S He beat Maryville,So ill take his word!!!!..He said yall even lost to little 2A Alcoa...Youre right,Maryville don't need to play dem Mavs...Keep playing Saint Marys School For The Blind and Fulton Girls Boarding School...LOL...Im done Jr.....

So you think I make stuff up. I don’t! It’s all true! You on the other hand, seem to be full of it.

3 hours ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

You lie. That’s just a made up lie. Why are you on here lying? We’re here to discuss football and you are a liar. That’s probably against the rules. 

13 hours ago, WBFL said:

He's just down the road from the school and we are too stupid to see it. Coach Ryan at Greenback would be a homerun! I've wached many of his teams play and they really can put on a show. Might be hard to get him but could at least try. Would definitly bring excitement to the program. 

I will let O&B respond to this as he knows Coach Ryan pretty well......but, my guess is that Ryan would probably get out of the coaching profession before he would coach at WB.

11 minutes ago, jake said:

I will let O&B respond to this as he knows Coach Ryan pretty well......but, my guess is that Ryan would probably get out of the coaching profession before he would coach at WB.

I don't have anything against Shad. As a matter of fact, I've heard a lot of good things about him. So this next statement is not a reflection on him at all. I've said for years, if Bill Satterfield was hired as the HC at WB, they would be competitive within a year and winning playoff games consistently after year three. 

10 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

You lie. That’s just a made up lie. Why are you on here lying? We’re here to discuss football and you are a liar. That’s probably against the rules. 

RR, if DB makes it to the 3rd round, PLEASE revisit this thread and Mr Mallard Creek after Maryville names their score versus DB.

• CoachT locked this topic