DII AAA Playoff Matchups

D23A

37 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

I agree. D2 basketball is over before D1 and they play at a separate venue. Why not football? At the  very least have the D2 state championships this Weekend and the  D1 next weekend. Doubt it would effect the pitiful D2 crowds they bring in.

Then again, why would they have the championship during Thanksgiving weekend? No coach would want the stress of prepping for a title game during Thanksgiving 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

I agree. D2 basketball is over before D1 and they play at a separate venue. Why not football? At the  very least have the D2 state championships this Weekend and the  D1 next weekend. Doubt it would effect the pitiful D2 crowds they bring in.

the Championships would have been last Friday they all had a bye week 1. Only 3 weeks needed for Division 2 state playoffs for champion. 

Edited by hardtackle

4 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Agreed to no byes and playing 3 consecutive weekends.

As far as the “pitiful” crowds, many of the larger public schools have 3-4x the population of the private schools.

19 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

thinkin myers needs to clarify the Bolded statement with pitiful D2-AAA crowds they bring in......its only the big boys......at least in chattanooga that is....

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

On 11/27/2019 at 10:41 AM, Booger said:

thinkin myers needs to clarify the Bolded statement with pitiful D2-AAA crowds they bring in......its only the big boys......at least in chattanooga that is....

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I don't see a major flaw in Baylor's crowds this year; they managed to pack the visitor's stands at both Ensworth and Brentwood this year, while McCallie struggled to fill their home stands during the regular season. Baylor definitely has better fan turnouts than the school residing on the ridge.

1 hour ago, D23A said:

I don't see a major flaw in Baylor's crowds this year; they managed to pack the visitor's stands at both Ensworth and Brentwood this year, while McCallie struggled to fill their home stands during the regular season. Baylor definitely has better fan turnouts than the school residing on the ridge.

can on oppinionate on the MBA game over at the suk creek campus ...... dont make a habit seein to many of their contest...it was weak for a post season game with that much on the line with that potential..

..and MBA's was bad week......when u have less fans than players.....

Booger just sayin:shock:

4 hours ago, Booger said:

can on oppinionate on the MBA game over at the suk creek campus ...... dont make a habit seein to many of their contest...it was weak for a post season game with that much on the line with that potential..

..and MBA's was bad week......when u have less fans than players.....

Booger just sayin:shock:

The Booger doth protest too much, methinks.

I was also at the MBA @ Baylor playoff match...was not our strongest showing, but we had many more fans in the visitor's stands than players.... 

....we matched the MUS crowd at the away playoff match last Friday...hope to represent big in Cookeville.

Roll Red

Edited by nashvillebound

18 hours ago, nashvillebound said:

The Booger doth protest too much, methinks.

I was also at the MBA @ Baylor playoff match...was not our strongest showing, but we had many more fans in the visitor's stands than players.... 

....we matched the MUS crowd at the away playoff match last Friday...hope to represent big in Cookeville.

Roll Red

hay....Booger on the Big Red Wagon big time......but that crowd was poor...and thinkin those numbers wernt so

.....see u on the Plato..

Booger just sayin :thumb:

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 3:46 PM, hardtackle said:

Hope MBA will continue to play well and bring home a state championship. 

They are playing well and peaking at the right time.  I think this week they run into a more complete McCallie team that wins a close one.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, JRB said:

They are playing well and peaking at the right time.  I think this week they run into a more complete McCallie team that wins a close one.

that would b nice to see...McCallie's only Gold Ball came 18 years ago......with the only 2 large private bluebloods in the Chattanooga area only bein able to bring home 1 gold ball each in the history TSSAA gold ballin contestin....and that is playin in the Pub & Private divisions both......some say thats a shockin stat and it is way over due.....Booger agrees...... Baylors only Gold Ball came 1 (1973)....46 years ago......

.....Chattanooga needs Turners School to bring a badly needed Gold Ball to the Chattanooga area

Booger just sayin :thumb:

On 11/25/2019 at 9:37 AM, OLDad said:

I would never bet against DeAngelo Hardy (McCallie QB) ... he is a winner!

It's my opinion that he will find a way to win one more.

... and he certainly did!

MVP!!

The whole team played great ... especially the D-Line.

Congrats to McCallie!