DII AAA Playoff Matchups

D23A

Just curious to hear y’all’s opinions on this. I noticed that the drive for D-2 in the playoffs is massive in terms of distance (obviously we are talking about across the state). My question is: What is the travel like for this type of game? Leave on Thursday and spend the night in a hotel, and come back after the game? Leave Thursday and spend two nights in a hotel? Or, leave on Friday, play the game, and come back on Friday after the game?

This is where you would like to be apart of a D-1 college football team...

8a.png

from statsbywill.com

Favorites: McCallie (32.7%), Baylor (27.8%)
Second-tier contenders: Memphis University (12.8%), Ensworth (10.8%), Briarcrest Christian (6.7%), Montgomery Bell Academy (5.6%)
Darkhorses: Knoxville Catholic (3%)

Analysis: "Things were basically perfect for McCallie until two weeks ago, when they lost to Clearwater Academy International. That was followed by a surprising home loss to Ensworth, and now, McCallie looks like a different team in a bad way. There are zero off days in this insanely tough class; even their opening game against Christian Brothers will be difficult. McCallie gets to avoid Baylor, Memphis University, MBA, and Knoxville Catholic until the finals….which still means they have to go through Ensworth (#3 in II-AAA ratings) a second time or Briarcrest Christian (#6), who was undefeated until Week 11. This class is absolutely bonkers; any non-Christian Brothers winner really does seem realistic."

Edited by D23A
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2019 at 3:15 PM, D23A said:

8a.png

from statsbywill.com

Favorites: McCallie (32.7%), Baylor (27.8%)
Second-tier contenders: Memphis University (12.8%), Ensworth (10.8%), Briarcrest Christian (6.7%), Montgomery Bell Academy (5.6%)
Darkhorses: Knoxville Catholic (3%)

Analysis: "Things were basically perfect for McCallie until two weeks ago, when they lost to Clearwater Academy International. That was followed by a surprising home loss to Ensworth, and now, McCallie looks like a different team in a bad way. There are zero off days in this insanely tough class; even their opening game against Christian Brothers will be difficult. McCallie gets to avoid Baylor, Memphis University, MBA, and Knoxville Catholic until the finals….which still means they have to go through Ensworth (#3 in II-AAA ratings) a second time or Briarcrest Christian (#6), who was undefeated until Week 11. This class is absolutely bonkers; any non-Christian Brothers winner really does seem realistic."

actually they all had this past week off....from playin a friday game that is.....while every other class competed.......maybe they were zero days off for practices....but thats no different than no other T$$AA class either....

.....this will definately b fun and interestin to watch play out.....some good contest for sure

Booger just sayin :thumb:

On 11/11/2019 at 7:36 AM, Booger said:

actually they all had this past week off....from playin a friday game that is.....while every other class competed.......maybe they were zero days off for practices....but thats no different than no other T$$AA class either....

.....this will definately b fun and interestin to watch play out.....some good contest for sure

I predict the finals will be teams from the East.

25 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

I predict the finals will be teams from the East.

that would b awesome & hopin that happens.....until the History of TSSAA football is proven differently & the quality of Blue Blood football in Chattanooga is second teir to everyone else in the state & can pull off more than 1 Gold Ball between them in the last 50 years.....Booger stickin with proven stats

36 minutes ago, Booger said:

that would b awesome & hopin that happens.....until the History of TSSAA football is proven differently & the quality of Blue Blood football in Chattanooga is second teir to everyone else in the state & can pull off more than 1 Gold Ball between them in the last 50 years.....Booger stickin with proven stats

I predict Baylor and McCallie to become powers. With players living on campus and becoming eligible immediately I see this as a huge advantage. Baylor has the best RB presently because of this .

1 hour ago, hardtackle said:

I predict Baylor and McCallie to become powers. With players living on campus and becoming eligible immediately I see this as a huge advantage. Baylor has the best RB presently because of this .

Baylor has the pieces to become a power over the next half decade. McCallie is falling behind Baylor and Knox Catholic in talent over the next few years. This may be the Blue’s last chance for a long time. A Baylor/McCallie final could eclipse their run as a perennial contender.

1 hour ago, hardtackle said:

your prediction has been in play many times before..... and longer than u have been manuverin upright.....players have been on campus long before this year.....so hardtackle is sayin the middle and west just quit letting players live on campus.....yes Howard is probably the best in the big group right now...he will b gone soon

Booger just sayin 

21 minutes ago, D23A said:

Baylor has the pieces to become a power over the next half decade. McCallie is falling behind Baylor and Knox Catholic in talent over the next few years. This may be the Blue’s last chance for a long time. A Baylor/McCallie final could eclipse their run as a perennial contender.

as Booger told hardtackle...that has been said many many many times before......MCallie is behind Catholic North in Talent right now.....the blue chance last year was just as good last year and couldnt close.....

Booger just sayin......:mrgreen:

3 hours ago, Booger said:

as Booger told hardtackle...that has been said many many many times before......MCallie is behind Catholic North in Talent right now.....the blue chance last year was just as good last year and couldnt close.....

Booger just sayin......:mrgreen:

Catholic has the advantage of getting all of the talent from the Knoxville area, while everybody else in AAA fights each other to gather as much talent from their respective areas as possible. For the schools in Chattanooga, they have the opportunity to pick up guys from all around the country, they can't always bring in the guys they want if they can't keep up their work in the classroom. Even the best of the athletes at some of these schools struggle to succeed in the easiest of classes at a McCallie/Baylor, as well as all of the other AAA schools.

12 minutes ago, D23A said:

Catholic has the advantage of getting all of the talent from the Knoxville area, while everybody else in AAA fights each other to gather as much talent from their respective areas as possible. For the schools in Chattanooga, they have the opportunity to pick up guys from all around the country, they can't always bring in the guys they want if they can't keep up their work in the classroom. Even the best of the athletes at some of these schools struggle to succeed in the easiest of classes at a McCallie/Baylor, as well as all of the other AAA schools.

Agree with most of what is posted.  I only have this to say for the Chattanooga schools....if a player is supposed to be really good, and is prepared to go to a boarding school.....IMG or Baylor/McCallie?  More prestige and exposure in my opinion.