South Pittsburg vs Joe Burns (Grider against this Adkins man)

Roy Dillard

I’ve talked bad about JB all year but I do appreciate the kids who do play.  There are plenty that don’t!  There are a bunch of good kids on this team but unfortunately they don’t make a very good football team.  We all know the outcome of this game won’t be pretty for JB but again I appreciate their efforts and commitment!

Good luck to SP the rest of the way!  Y’all have something really special and unique down there!  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jake said:

Not Trolling....I have always visited the 1A threads every time I am on Coach T because I love the smaller community schools, there is so much more passion for these teams.  For many years I have respected SP and their program, it was on my bucket list to attend a SP / Marion game and a few years back I drove two hours to see that game and even though I didn't know a soul it was one of the best HS environments I have ever witnessed.

I have been coming to the 1A boards long enough to know that SP has been accused of doing very similar things that you and Roy have spent two months accusing GB of doing.  At the end of the day, if you have a great program there are going to be outside kids and families that want to be a part of it, and if those families are willing to make the move within the rules of TSSAA, I don't know of any school that is going to turn them down.  I am sure SP has benefitted from transfers on more than one occasion because a kid and his family wanted to be a part of a great program, so why do you see the need to do all the bashing that you have done because kids want to be a part of GB.  I will bow out of the conversation and let you go back to doing what you feel like you need to do.  Good day....

u would believe how busy at times that shuttle system has been movin up and down that valley corridor from North Jackson to Witwool....and that was before the transfer portal..

....South Kimbrell absolutely blows this R3-R4 bracket in route to its visit with the R2 champion

Booger just sayin train-goodbye-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by Booger

3 hours ago, powerp said:

Gameday. SP rolls

SP- 56

JB- 7

1 hour ago, piratetom said:

Round 1

Pirates will put this one away early and cruise to victory with a running clock in the 2nd half.

Pirates 62

JB 6

You guys went and made that Adkins man real mad.  I don't think its going to matter. I'm not joking.

Dearest Mother-

By the time you receive this letter the long awaited battles for Supremacy will be upon us. The regular campaigns have ended with Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates unblemished after subduing the Silver Hats from Copper Basin.  The Big Grabowski had the Silver Hats primed to keep Captain Victory from regaining the coveted Regional Crown Jewels but the Band of Pirates were just too strong and quite convincingly put the Silver Hats in the renowned half a hundred club.  I was so overcome with jubilation that I hoisted Captain Victory upon my shoulders and made a quick beeline out of their territory and straight to the confines of The Beene.  All the while Captain Victory was battle planing for the next campaign. Up next will be the demonic forces of  Jo Devil himself, lead by none other than Admiral Atkins, a direct descendant of Chet, who was rumored to have sold his soul to play those harmonic tunes upon the strings.  But don't you fret Sweet Mother of mine, for Captain Victory has exorcised these demons before.  And your youngest son who is of sound mind and strong body has witnessed first hand that the Power of Victory compels it.  Tell Poppa to worry not for my Faith lies with the Captain for He shall lead us into battle and wherever He leads I will follow.  Therefore send extra provisions of possum cakes and squirrel butter for the road to Supremacy is long and arduous with many pitfalls along the way just waiting to devour those that are weak and not of sound mind and strong body.   Love to All-

Sgt Southtowner 
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@pegleg I don't do the Facebook thing so I will tell you on here in case I don't see you tonight, I really appreciate what you did on the fan page. It means a lot to me, especially on this date since it was exactly years ago today. There is no doubt that he loved the Pirates and enjoyed being part of game day and I'm glad he passed that on to me.  Just yesterday my mom found a coin that he had that all of the players touched for luck during one of their state championship runs. It tickled him to have them come to him and expect him that season and he enjoyed being part of the extended "staff" for so many years. 

Thank you. 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

@pegleg I don't do the Facebook thing so I will tell you on here in case I don't see you tonight, I really appreciate what you did on the fan page. It means a lot to me, especially on this date since it was exactly years ago today. There is no doubt that he loved the Pirates and enjoyed being part of game day and I'm glad he passed that on to me.  Just yesterday my mom found a coin that he had that all of the players touched for luck during one of their state championship runs. It tickled him to have them come to him and expect him that season and he enjoyed being part of the extended "staff" for so many years. 

Thank you. 

What a great man!!