CAK at Chattanooga Christian

Govolsknox

A rematch. On paper, CAK should have been able to compete with Chat. Christian, but on the field, the Chattanooga faithful were substantially stronger. Can CAK make a proper game of this, or do they roll right over an 8-2 CAK team that is just fortunate to have won a few games?kneel.gif2

Edited by Govolsknox

11 hours ago, Govolsknox said:

A rematch. On paper, CAK should have been able to compete with Chat. Christian, but on the field, the Chattanooga faithful were substantially stronger. Can CAK make a proper game of this, or do they role right over an 8-3 CAK team that is just fortunate to have won a few games?kneel.gif

This game will be another slugfest . I'm taking CCS in a close one.

Edited by LloydBonafide

15 minutes ago, Govolsknox said:

A rematch. On paper, CAK should have been able to compete with Chat. Christian, but on the field, the Chattanooga faithful were substantially stronger. Can CAK make a proper game of this, or do they roll right over an 8-2 CAK team that is just fortunate to have won a few games?kneel.gif2

I didn’t get to see a full capacity CAK offense when y’all came over to GCA last week due to the rain, but solid defensive play. I’m gonna go with the Warriors in a toss up close game. Good luck to both teams

I can see why people MIGHT think CCS is favored in this game:

• CCS has home field advantage
  • CCS has a 3 game winning steak over CAK
  • CCS is the 2 seed & CAK is the 4 seed

BUT ... had CAK not blown a 31 point lead over Boyd, CAK would be the #1 seed, would have a home field advantage over Goodpasture, and be favored to win in the 1st round.

As I said after about week 4, Grace is a lot better than everyone else in the East and the other 4 teams are about even.

This game could go either way.

54 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

I think Grace is a lot better than everyone, CCS is a little better than the rest & Boyd & CAK are about even. 

I agree with this. I was surprised by Boyd and their inability to generate any offense. In this game, CCS being at home might be the edge they need to beat CAK. However, CAK is playing better than they were in the 1st meeting between these two. If CCS is still running one receiver pass plays, I like CAK. Throwing it up to 19 only works a couple of times a game and you can’t live on that pass play alone. 

1 hour ago, OLDad said:

I can see why people MIGHT think CCS is favored in this game:

• CCS has home field advantage
  • CCS has a 3 game winning steak over CAK
  • CCS is the 2 seed & CAK is the 4 seed

BUT ... had CAK not blown a 31 point lead over Boyd, CAK would be the #1 seed, would have a home field advantage over Goodpasture, and be favored to win in the 1st round.

As I said after about week 4, Grace is a lot better than everyone else in the East and the other 4 teams are about even.

This game could go either way.

Did #6 make it back for you guys? He left on crutches during the 1st half of the GCA game. 

10 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

They do have a stable of athletes. They have joined the arms race. 

Wish them all the best after next season. They’re going to need it when they make the jump to DII-AAA. That will take a while to get up to speed with those schools from where they are now. No disrespect intended with those comments. It would be hard for any school in DII-AA East Region to make that move up. 

Edited by gcapride