CAK at Chattanooga Christian

Govolsknox

6 minutes ago, Govolsknox said:

Not totally sure I understand.....Not that I have a pristine past... So are you saying that I better get food outside the stadium? Or that the concessions are about on par with CAK / Boyd / Webb etc or may I ask that you be a little more blunt? Not much for funnelin these days lol!

all 3 of the ones mention outperform the St Elmo Sword of Joshua Independent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembly dinin area.....

.....thinkin personally that Haslams Burgers r sum of the best on our trail.....not to say that Boyds arent bad...but they arnt the same as when the Greens wernt firin them up their grill

Booger just sayin :hungry:

Edited by Booger

11 minutes ago, Booger said:

all 3 of the ones mention outperform the St Elmo Sword of Joshua Independent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembly dinin area.....

.....thinkin personally that Haslams Burgers r sum of the best on our trail.....not to say that Boyds arent bad...but they arnt the same as when the Greens wernt firin them up their grill

Booger just sayin :hungry:

Thanks, sir. Alcoa's used to be the best, but CAK has become better once Alcoa changed their supplier, although Alcoa still has great fries. 

May have to try the CCS food just to opine.... It's good to know from a good source that it's at least bearable if not decent. Let's be honest.....Whatever the game outcome, one still has to have proper food!!!

Prayers and best wishes for all playing this weekend to come out healthy. Getting older every season, it just makes me appreciate how wonderful it is to look forward to a few great weeks of action every fall. God bless these young men, coaches, parents, and fans. This is my absolute FAVORITE season of year. There is nothing more pure than HS football. 

38 minutes ago, Govolsknox said:

Thanks, sir. Alcoa's used to be the best, but CAK has become better once Alcoa changed their supplier, although Alcoa still has great fries. 

May have to try the CCS food just to opine.... It's good to know from a good source that it's at least bearable if not decent. Let's be honest.....Whatever the game outcome, one still has to have proper food!!!

Prayers and best wishes for all playing this weekend to come out healthy. Getting older every season, it just makes me appreciate how wonderful it is to look forward to a few great weeks of action every fall. God bless these young men, coaches, parents, and fans. This is my absolute FAVORITE season of year. There is nothing more pure than HS football. 

can tell u right now...Booger dont nose nothin bout Aluminum City fries.....every time them Goons have brought the Boogers into Cobb Stadium.....been nuthin but Churches Chicken and fudge brownies in the end zone for the red carpet fair.....

...top notch hospital tally them Goons give the Boogers

Booger just sayin giphy.gif

Congratulations to CCS. They were truly the better team. This was my least favorite match up for CAK in round 1. CCS is a very good team, and it will take a good team to knock them out. 

For CAK, congratulations on a fine season and especially to the 5 seniors on this year's team. You've made Friday nights a lot of fun for many of us!  Best wishes with your future plans.

Next year looks bright with CAK only losing 5 players, and a LOT of playmakers coming back. On paper at least, next year is more likely to make a run than this year. I'm very proud of what the Warriors achieved this year. Only one game did they lose that I believe they should have won. The other two losses were to a better team (both CCS). Just too strong on the O and D lines. 

Best of luck to CCS the rest of the way. They played with class and represented their school very well in their play and their sportsmanship. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Govolsknox said:

Congratulations to CCS. They were truly the better team. This was my least favorite match up for CAK in round 1. CCS is a very good team, and it will take a good team to knock them out. 

For CAK, congratulations on a fine season and especially to the 5 seniors on this year's team. You've made Friday nights a lot of fun for many of us!  Best wishes with your future plans.

Next year looks bright with CAK only losing 5 players, and a LOT of playmakers coming back. On paper at least, next year is more likely to make a run than this year. I'm very proud of what the Warriors achieved this year. Only one game did they lose that I believe they should have won. The other two losses were to a better team (both CCS). Just too strong on the O and D lines. 

Best of luck to CCS the rest of the way. They played with class and represented their school very well in their play and their sportsmanship. 

that very good team will do just that next week.....and they really ant so good..

.....congrats on CAK on a decent rebound season and the future do look brite for them next season

Booger just sayin :thumb:

8 hours ago, Booger said:

that very good team will do just that next week.....and they really ant so good..

.....congrats on CAK on a decent rebound season and the future do look brite for them next season

Booger just sayin :thumb:

LOL, ok my friend. Whatever you say. 

I would pick CPA in the bracket as well as the match up, agreed. However, CCS is a quality team.  What they do, they do well. I'm pulling for Grace, but I actually would pick CPA or CCS over Grace in the third round. Not because that's what I want, but watching the teams play. I do think Grace matches up better with CCS than CAK did, just as I think CAK matched up better with Grace than CCS. Doesn't matter, just my opinion. 

Yes, I'd say 8-2, with one of those a giveaway (deserved by Boyd but still a collapse from 31-7 and going in for the winning touchdown having a fumble) is a pretty nice, "bounce back" season for CAK. I like it better than 0-10, and I think the prospects for next year look very very encouraging for the Warriors. 

What kind of bounce back do you see for the Irish next year?

16 hours ago, Govolsknox said:

LOL, ok my friend. Whatever you say. 

I would pick CPA in the bracket as well as the match up, agreed. However, CCS is a quality team.  What they do, they do well. I'm pulling for Grace, but I actually would pick CPA or CCS over Grace in the third round. Not because that's what I want, but watching the teams play. I do think Grace matches up better with CCS than CAK did, just as I think CAK matched up better with Grace than CCS. Doesn't matter, just my opinion. 

Yes, I'd say 8-2, with one of those a giveaway (deserved by Boyd but still a collapse from 31-7 and going in for the winning touchdown having a fumble) is a pretty nice, "bounce back" season for CAK. I like it better than 0-10, and I think the prospects for next year look very very encouraging for the Warriors. 

What kind of bounce back do you see for the Irish next year?

unfortunately......bouncin back looks very unattractive......

Booger just sayin :unsure:

On 11/9/2019 at 1:18 AM, Govolsknox said:

CCS played their best game of the year against CAK Friday night. They ran for over 400 yards and just about everything went the CCS way.

Congratulations to CAK on a very successful season. I think you were right all along when you said that CCS was not a good matchup for CAK.

For whatever reason (honestly, I don't know why), CAK only scored a total of 13 points in 2 games against CCS, which is way below the CAK average on the season. Based on that, one would think that the CCS defense was what CAK struggled with ... on the surface, I would have thought the offensive line would be where the CCS advantage was.

For CCS, it's now on to CPA, where they will be big underdogs.

On 11/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, OLDad said:

CCS played their best game of the year against CAK Friday night. They ran for over 400 yards and just about everything went the CCS way.

Congratulations to CAK on a very successful season. I think you were right all along when you said that CCS was not a good matchup for CAK.

For whatever reason (honestly, I don't know why), CAK only scored a total of 13 points in 2 games against CCS, which is way below the CAK average on the season. Based on that, one would think that the CCS defense was what CAK struggled with ... on the surface, I would have thought the offensive line would be where the CCS advantage was.

For CCS, it's now on to CPA, where they will be big underdogs.

I agree with your initial assessment that the CCS O line was the biggest difference. It is counter intuitive when you look at the stats in the two games, but CAK was actually able to move the ball somewhat. It didn't translate to points, and the CCS D line was superior, but the real difference (IMO) was that CCS was able to enforce their will on CAK's D line. CAK would make a play or two, and then it didn't matter as CCS would go for 20. Generally CAK was a very physical team this year, but CCS was substantially stronger on the lines. They were flat out the better team. Perhaps some of that may relate to the fact that CAK only had 5 seniors (one was a great kicker but not on the field on every play) and another missed the season except 2 plays that I counted. Not sure how many older kids were on the CCS team, but just giving the eye test, CCS was visibly bigger and stonger in the lines. 

3 hours ago, Govolsknox said:

I agree with your initial assessment that the CCS O line was the biggest difference. It is counter intuitive when you look at the stats in the two games, but CAK was actually able to move the ball somewhat. It didn't translate to points, and the CCS D line was superior, but the real difference (IMO) was that CCS was able to enforce their will on CAK's D line. CAK would make a play or two, and then it didn't matter as CCS would go for 20. Generally CAK was a very physical team this year, but CCS was substantially stronger on the lines. They were flat out the better team. Perhaps some of that may relate to the fact that CAK only had 5 seniors (one was a great kicker but not on the field on every play) and another missed the season except 2 plays that I counted. Not sure how many older kids were on the CCS team, but just giving the eye test, CCS was visibly bigger and stonger in the lines. 

CCS is losing 12 seniors.

6 starters on defense - 5 starters on offense.

4 of the 5 starters on offense is on the line - plus the tall receiver #19 ... all of the offensive backs will return except #10, who is the 4th back on offense and is probably our most aggressive player on defense.

27 minutes ago, OLDad said:

CCS is losing 12 seniors.

6 starters on defense - 5 starters on offense.

4 of the 5 starters on offense is on the line - plus the tall receiver #19 ... all of the offensive backs will return except #10, who is the 4th back on offense and is probably our most aggressive player on defense.

#55 #73 and #10 will be missed dearly! :(