CAK at Chattanooga Christian

Govolsknox

21 minutes ago, gcapride said:

Wish them all the best after next season. They’re going to need it when they make the jump to DII-AAA. That will take a while to get up to speed with those schools from where they are now. No disrespect intended with those comments. It would be hard for any school in DII-AA East Region to make that move up. 

Bottom line ... CCS will never be able to compete with Baylor & McCallie in football.

Both of those schools get the cream of the crop in the Chattanooga area. They have the facilities and prestige that every parent wants for their kid. And if the kid is good enough, they won't have to pay very much at all - if anything.

Then when you add the fact that they have border athletes  and can get players from all over the place ... how is CCS supposed to compete with that? I could be wrong, but I don't believe it will ever happen.

Now in other sports ... maybe CCS can occasionally win. For example, the CCS basketball team beat a very good Baylor team last year, but it only takes about 7-8 good basketball players to be competitive ... unlike football, which requires many more. 

39 minutes ago, OLDad said:

Bottom line ... CCS will never be able to compete with Baylor & McCallie in football.

Both of those schools get the cream of the crop in the Chattanooga area. They have the facilities and prestige that every parent wants for their kid. And if the kid is good enough, they won't have to pay very much at all - if anything.

Then when you add the fact that they have border athletes  and can get players from all over the place ... how is CCS supposed to compete with that? I could be wrong, but I don't believe it will ever happen.

Now in other sports ... maybe CCS can occasionally win. For example, the CCS basketball team beat a very good Baylor team last year, but it only takes about 7-8 good basketball players to be competitive ... unlike football, which requires many more. 

While CCS lacks the prestige of Baylor or McCallie (whatever that's worth)  they can recruit inner city Chattanooga and be just as competitive. 

6 minutes ago, LloydBonafide said:

While CCS lacks the prestige of Baylor or McCallie (whatever that's worth)  they can recruit inner city Chattanooga and be just as competitive. 

Uh ... have you been to any of the CCS vs. Baylor/McCallie games the last 3 years?

One word ... Brutal.

57 minutes ago, OLDad said:

They won’t count heads until after next school year, so there’s still time to slide below that AAA-AA cutoff number. And to your point, that was exactly what I was trying to say without stepping on any toes. McCallie/Baylor/Ensworth/Brentwood are all on another level from the teams in DII-AA East Reg schools. It will be tough to compete with them in football. But, who knows? They might go down to that Pink Pony place again and strike a deal to change everything up....

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OLDad said:

Uh ... have you been to any of the CCS vs. Baylor/McCallie games the last 3 years?

One word ... Brutal.

I agree to a point but keep in mind CCS hasn't been in the arms race that long . Where do you think McCallie's star QB and DE come from ? Definitely not from any of the mountains surrounding our lovely city . It all boils down to inner city recruiting. 

Edited by LloydBonafide

20 minutes ago, LloydBonafide said:

I agree to a point but keep on mind CCS hasn't been in the arms race that long . Where do you think McCallie's star QB and DE come from ? Definitely not from any of the mountains surrounding our lovely city . It all boils down to inner city recruiting. 

They are both good examples of what I'm talking about.

The QB chose McCallie and the DE chose Baylor and when Baylor didn't work out, he finished the school year at Tyner then ended up at McCallie the next year.

Do you think either of them considered any other private school besides Baylor or McCallie? They were in the cream of the crop group I referred to.  

11 minutes ago, OLDad said:

They are both good examples of what I'm talking about.

The QB chose McCallie and the DE chose Baylor and when Baylor didn't work out, he finished the school year at Tyner then ended up at McCallie the next year.

Do you think either of them considered any other private school besides Baylor or McCallie? They were in the cream of the crop group I referred to.  

I believe CCS can steal some of those kids going forward if they really commit to winning . Do they have the stomach for that ? We shall see, but it can be done .

CCS has the advantage of a cheaper tuition while having the necessary facilities & mentors to host these kind of athletes. They are beginning to take over everybody else (other than a Baylor/McCallie) in the city in recruiting, and it will be interesting in the next year or two how competitive they will get. Considering McCallie is losing a lot of talent after this season and is struggling to keep up with Baylor's young talent in waiting, this is the best opportunity for CCS to "close the gap" a little more between the two powerhouses and themselves. If the Chargers recruitment continues like it is, there should be no excuse why they don't win the East region next year in DII AA.

Edited by D23A
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

They do have a stable of athletes. They have joined the arms race. 

u ant lyin brother......them folks down there at the St Elmo Sword of Joshua Independent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembly just of Broad Street on Charger Drive have even started settin up adult beverage tents for games down there.....but just a few feet outside the institution boundaries of course....so that it keeps it christian like......they even started playin that rappin music durin pre game warmin up now....

.....its for sure gonna take more than PBRs and Snoop Doggy music to play in that Blueblood league

Booger just sayin rapper-smiley-emoticon.gif

graduate.gif   Lots of talk about the, "big picture" and I'm sure it's all valid. But as far as this specific game and the division right now as it stands I see it like this. Grace is 1, CCS 2, CAK 3. Boyd 4. That is my opinion from watching what I can of the teams and the various head to heads. However, I think the rub is that while Grace is better overall than CCS, I like CAK vs Grace better. I think the match up is tougher for CAK vs. CCS. Very doable, but a tough match up. No disrespect, but I would rather be facing Grace this week. Boyd is a quality team but I haven't seen a let down of coaching and play as well as just bad circumstances in a decade of watching CAK. The head to heads of CAK and Grace, Grace / Webb, CAK / Webb, Stone Memorial for both, Notre Dame vs. both indicate to me that Grace and CAK are pretty evenly matched when only against each other. This was also displayed in a, granted rainy night, but both teams use the pass and it rained on both teams. No disrespect to anyone, but if CAK is fortunate enough to get past the next two weeks and eventually rematch with Grace, I think the folks who think Grace wins 10/10 are badly mistaken. Those teams are a very good match up. 

As far as this week, I have to give the edge to CCS. Home. Previous game. Match up of CCS strengths vs CAK weaknesses. HOWEVER, CAK is healthy, playing better than they were the first go around, and I believe they will pull the upset. Note I said upset. CCS should be favored, but the favored team does not always win. 

If I were a Grace fan (which I am due to the Bradleys except against CAK) I would be pulling for CCS and Webb. While their hearts may want a rematch with CAK, if they want a trip to state, they should want no part of CAK or CPA. Grace has a legitimate chance to go to state this year, but their chances go down substantially (not away, but down) if they have to play CAK or CPA. From Grace's perspective looking at match ups, they need to pull for CCS to knock CAK out NOW because they're going to have to deal with one or the other (CAK or CPA) and say what you will, one has already beaten them at home. soapbox.gif

Edited by Govolsknox