CAK at Chattanooga Christian

Govolsknox

1 hour ago, Govolsknox said:

graduate.gif   Lots of talk about the, "big picture" and I'm sure it's all valid. But as far as this specific game and the division right now as it stands I see it like this. Grace is 1, CCS 2, CAK 3. Boyd 4. That is my opinion from watching what I can of the teams and the various head to heads. However, I think the rub is that while Grace is better overall than CCS, I like CAK vs Grace better. I think the match up is tougher for CAK vs. CCS. Very doable, but a tough match up. No disrespect, but I would rather be facing Grace this week. Boyd is a quality team but I haven't seen a let down of coaching and play as well as just bad circumstances in a decade of watching CAK. The head to heads of CAK and Grace, Grace / Webb, CAK / Webb, Stone Memorial for both, Notre Dame vs. both indicate to me that Grace and CAK are pretty evenly matched when only against each other. This was also displayed in a, granted rainy night, but both teams use the pass and it rained on both teams. No disrespect to anyone, but if CAK is fortunate enough to get past the next two weeks and eventually rematch with Grace, I think the folks who think Grace wins 10/10 are badly mistaken. Those teams are a very good match up. 

As far as this week, I have to give the edge to CCS. Home. Previous game. Match up of CCS strengths vs CAK weaknesses. HOWEVER, CAK is healthy, playing better than they were the first go around, and I believe they will pull the upset. Note I said upset. CCS should be favored, but the favored team does not always win. 

If I were a Grace fan (which I am due to the Bradleys except against CAK) I would be pulling for CCS and Webb. While their hearts may want a rematch with CAK, if they want a trip to state, they should want no part of CAK or CPA. Grace has a legitimate chance to go to state this year, but their chances go down substantially (not away, but down) if they have to play CAK or CPA. From Grace's perspective looking at match ups, they need to pull for CCS to knock CAK out NOW because they're going to have to deal with one or the other (CAK or CPA) and say what you will, one has already beaten them at home. soapbox.gif

Are you sure you took head to head into this? :popcorneater:

4 hours ago, Govolsknox said:

graduate.gif   Lots of talk about the, "big picture" and I'm sure it's all valid. But as far as this specific game and the division right now as it stands I see it like this. Grace is 1, CCS 2, CAK 3. Boyd 4. That is my opinion from watching what I can of the teams and the various head to heads. However, I think the rub is that while Grace is better overall than CCS, I like CAK vs Grace better. I think the match up is tougher for CAK vs. CCS. Very doable, but a tough match up. No disrespect, but I would rather be facing Grace this week. Boyd is a quality team but I haven't seen a let down of coaching and play as well as just bad circumstances in a decade of watching CAK. The head to heads of CAK and Grace, Grace / Webb, CAK / Webb, Stone Memorial for both, Notre Dame vs. both indicate to me that Grace and CAK are pretty evenly matched when only against each other. This was also displayed in a, granted rainy night, but both teams use the pass and it rained on both teams. No disrespect to anyone, but if CAK is fortunate enough to get past the next two weeks and eventually rematch with Grace, I think the folks who think Grace wins 10/10 are badly mistaken. Those teams are a very good match up. 

As far as this week, I have to give the edge to CCS. Home. Previous game. Match up of CCS strengths vs CAK weaknesses. HOWEVER, CAK is healthy, playing better than they were the first go around, and I believe they will pull the upset. Note I said upset. CCS should be favored, but the favored team does not always win. 

If I were a Grace fan (which I am due to the Bradleys except against CAK) I would be pulling for CCS and Webb. While their hearts may want a rematch with CAK, if they want a trip to state, they should want no part of CAK or CPA. Grace has a legitimate chance to go to state this year, but their chances go down substantially (not away, but down) if they have to play CAK or CPA. From Grace's perspective looking at match ups, they need to pull for CCS to knock CAK out NOW because they're going to have to deal with one or the other (CAK or CPA) and say what you will, one has already beaten them at home. soapbox.gif

You have your opinion and I have mine. I’ve watched enough film on CAK this year to form my opinion, on a dry track. And that’s the film that I watched, all of your games were on a dry track. The weather was your best friend that night and I feel that’s what’s driving your opinion that these two teams are equal. It’s all opinion until we get to play again. And the  “be careful what you wish for” type comment would be very welcomed. Now, after I put the whammy on us with this post, it will probably be another torrential downpour! :roflolk:

Good luck to you guys at CCS. We’ll be keeping an eye on the CoachT scoreboard for updates. 

17 hours ago, gcapride said:

You have your opinion and I have mine. I’ve watched enough film on CAK this year to form my opinion, on a dry track. And that’s the film that I watched, all of your games were on a dry track. The weather was your best friend that night and I feel that’s what’s driving your opinion that these two teams are equal. It’s all opinion until we get to play again. And the  “be careful what you wish for” type comment would be very welcomed. Now, after I put the whammy on us with this post, it will probably be another torrential downpour! :roflolk:

Good luck to you guys at CCS. We’ll be keeping an eye on the CoachT scoreboard for updates. 

To clarify, I didn't say the two were equal. Grace is the best in the division. I did say that it's all about match ups. I think CAK matches up against Grace better than CCS. Your mileage may vary. Yes, there were few games this year that any local team played on a, "wet track." However, CAK and Grace have been successful both throwing and running the ball; neither have been one dimensional. Of course, we both know it rained on both teams. Grace did a great job of starting CAK deep, deep in near their own goal line early on. I don't think this is what Grace has been doing all year, I think they had a very good game with field position particularly early on. I believe Grace is the favorite to win the division but the favorite doesn't always win, and I think their liklihood, however strong that is, goes down if they play CAK or CPA vs CCS or Webb. If I were Grace, I'd pull for CCS and Webb this week. I see Grace handling anyone on your side of the bracket pretty easily and your real threats coming in the 3rd round, not first or second. 

19 hours ago, reaction said:

Are you sure you took head to head into this? :popcorneater:

LOL, yes my friend I really did. By that I mean head to head of a number of teams, i.e. how they played against each other as well as how they matched up against one particular school on one night. And honestly, while I give Boyd full credit (love the program, fans, and concessions!) for coming back in that game, even with the collapse, CAK should have won the game anyway with the running back crossing the goal line for a TD at the end of the game, called a fumble. I won't get in to information I've heard about what the film showed. It isn't relevant as there is no replay in HS ball. CAK shouldn't have allowed itself to be in that position to begin with. Good luck to Boyd this week!

13 minutes ago, Govolsknox said:

LOL, yes my friend I really did. By that I mean head to head of a number of teams, i.e. how they played against each other as well as how they matched up against one particular school on one night. And honestly, while I give Boyd full credit (love the program, fans, and concessions!) for coming back in that game, even with the collapse, CAK should have won the game anyway with the running back crossing the goal line for a TD at the end of the game, called a fumble. I won't get in to information I've heard about what the film showed. It isn't relevant as there is no replay in HS ball. CAK shouldn't have allowed itself to be in that position to begin with. Good luck to Boyd this week!

Good luck this week! I think you guys will win this time around. 

7 hours ago, Govolsknox said:

So can anyone speak to the food / concessions at CCS? I've been to Boyd and what a great atmosphere and really good concessions and variety but never been to CCS.thSmileyeating.gif

that brew funnelin tents they set up just outside the institutional boundaries r a sure thing

Booger just sayin beer-bong-smiley-emoticon.gif

2 hours ago, Booger said:

that brew funnelin tents they set up just outside the institutional boundaries r a sure thing

Booger just sayin beer-bong-smiley-emoticon.gif

Not totally sure I understand.....Not that I have a pristine past... So are you saying that I better get food outside the stadium? Or that the concessions are about on par with CAK / Boyd / Webb etc or may I ask that you be a little more blunt? Not much for funnelin these days lol!