Greeneville Vs Howard

DevilMan03

On 11/5/2019 at 1:41 PM, LloydBonafide said:

They're definitely trending towards 5A, possibly even 6A at the rate they're growing .

They should be a 2a school.  The enrollment is increasing because of the newcomers program.  Those students will never be eligible to play because they are mostly almost adults that are still freshmen and in the country they are from most didn't have to attend school

On 11/5/2019 at 7:35 PM, lawnman said:

Last years team had some athletes but no discipline.

Its crazy how you say no discipline but at the playoff game with the game over yall took a knee and howard thinking you were just going to run the clock out yall snap the ball and run and hit players that were just standing.....did you think they were just gonna stand there and take that on the chin? 

7 hours ago, t-mac said:

Its crazy how you say no discipline but at the playoff game with the game over yall took a knee and howard thinking you were just going to run the clock out yall snap the ball and run and hit players that were just standing.....did you think they were just gonna stand there and take that on the chin? 

That would make sense if that is what happened. 

They didnt refuse to play because they were losing.... i know thats how it appeared last year but the HC who is a very successful head coach, wanted to show his players that they arent going to play undisciplined and start brawling because it was a chippy game on both sides last year.  Howard has a good leader that is building a successful program.  Just had a few knuckleheads that couldnt take losing and wanted to push and shove at the end and Coach Starr wasnt having his players do that.  thats why he pulled them to the numbers.  simply to de-escalate the situation.  i know this because i was part of the staff last year 

Edited by MCCS87
  • Like 2

Greeneville is a physical football team year in and year out. They do an excellent job of preparing their kids and training them in the off-season. I had the opportunity to watch them a couple of years ago in the Quarters/Semis - cant remember exactly which - against Anderson Co. It was one of the better high school football games I had ever seen. I pray for a safe and hard fought game tonight between the Devils and Hustlin Tigers.

5 minutes ago, CHSAlum04 said:

Greeneville is a physical football team year in and year out. They do an excellent job of preparing their kids and training them in the off-season. I had the opportunity to watch them a couple of years ago in the Quarters/Semis - cant remember exactly which - against Anderson Co. It was one of the better high school football games I had ever seen. I pray for a safe and hard fought game tonight between the Devils and Hustlin Tigers.

That's a very important statement. At the end of the day we should wish all of these young men a safe football season and game. I'm sure most of the posters on here are grown adult men, and we all get caught up in the smack talk sometimes. It's good to reflect and realize we are talking about 14-18 year old boys. 

Edited by haweanbula