RIDGEWAY @ HENRY COUNTY PLAYOFF ROUND 1

PatriotNation

1 hour ago, OmahaPatriot said:

If Ridgeway shows up and plays well, it could be semi-close. They haven’t played a team as good as Henry County, nor have they played in an environment like they will play in this Friday night. I’m hoping we come out hot, and not slow like we have the last couple of weeks. I’m staying with my 35-13 prediction for now. Survive and advance, injury free, is all I care about from here on out.

OmahaPatriot:

It's obvious you either didn't look at RWs schedule or you just don't know HS football. Whitehaven and MUS alone are equal if not better then HC. West Monroe is probably in the same category. 

Also, playing at the Haven is very difficult. Playing at Paris, TN is NOT more difficult then that. I know about the atmosphere at HC. 

LOL ... I understand you are excited an all of that but ... calm down.

Edited by kwc
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kwc said:

OmahaPatriot:

It's obvious you either didn't look at RWs schedule or you just don't know HS football. Whitehaven and MUS alone are equal if not better then HC. West Monroe is probably in the same category. 

Also, playing at the Haven is very difficult. Playing at Paris, TN is NOT more difficult then that. I know about the atmosphere at HC. 

Shots fired.....

13 minutes ago, kwc said:

OmahaPatriot:

I have a brother that lives in Louisiana and West Monroe is a powerhouse in the state. They could be compared to a Whitehaven or MBA just teams like that to give you an idea.

7 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

I have a brother that lives in Louisiana and West Monroe is a powerhouse in the state. They could be compared to a Whitehaven or MBA just teams like that to give you an idea.

I figured as much. RW has gone there before to play top notched out-of-state competition before. They aren't going to go to play against mediocre competition 

1 minute ago, OmahaPatriot said:

You’re right, I just looked at their region schedule. My apologies. I stand by my comment on the environment though, there’s no place like home for Henry County.

I expect us to have a very big crowd. But I really don't understand other people not showing interest in this game! Kirby/Dyer County is getting more talk than this game! That's a real head scratcher!

1 minute ago, OmahaPatriot said:

It’ll be a closer game than ours will be. Plus it’s a toss up, ours is not. 

But it's playoffs! I figured Patriot Nation would show more excitement and I'm not talking about myself lol. This is the time of year I live for!!! The month of November at Henry County is something special! ELECTRIC ATMOSPHERE, LOUD CROWD, HORNS BLARING, SMOKE ROLLING!!! Yes I LIVE for the month of November! Nothing else like it!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Ridgeway has played good teams this year. They played at Memphis University School (9-1) at Whitehaven (8-1)  and at West Monroe, LA (8-1). They lost all those games but I do think Ridgeway will be ready to go Friday night. I trust our coaches, players to get the W but could be close at halftime. 

Correct, those teams are legit and would give HC all we wanted. 

1 minute ago, PatriotNation said:

But it's playoffs! I figured Patriot Nation would show more excitement and I'm not talking about myself lol. This is the time of year I live for!!! The month of November at Henry County is something special! ELECTRIC ATMOSPHERE, LOUD CROWD, HORNS BLARING, SMOKE ROLLING!!! Yes I LIVE for the month of November! Nothing else like it!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! 

When your part of a program that has a gold standard like a HC does, advancing deep isn't really a thought so it's easy for fans to get complacent, even for a fanbase like HC