RIDGEWAY @ HENRY COUNTY PLAYOFF ROUND 1

PatriotNation

27 minutes ago, OmahaPatriot said:

@BlackHavenSenator regardless of how it shook out, who do you believe is the best team in that region? I think we may be facing them Friday night in Ridgeway.

Kirby...

Coach Flowers has been to the State Title game (w/Melrose Graig Cooper's junior or senior season?, lost to Maryville 7-6) and is due another trip. I wish that I could be a part of the ride. He has a legit QB that is one of leaders in the area in passing yards, an explosive playmaker in the backfield and a defense that is one of the tops, PPG wise, in the area. As long as he runs the ball when it's time to run the ball and Angel Paz (his PK) makes all the PATs and 30 yard and in FGs I like them out of the West. 

Edited by BlackHavenSenator
added more info
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

Kirby...

Coach Flowers has been to the State Title game (w/Melrose Graig Cooper's junior or senior season?, lost to Maryville 7-6) and is due another trip. I wish that I could be a part of the ride. He has a legit QB that is one of leaders in the area in passing yards, an explosive playmaker in the backfield and a defense that is one of the tops, PPG wise, in the area. As long as he runs the ball when it's time to run the ball and Angel Paz (his PK) makes all the PATs and 30 yard and in FGs I like them out of the West. 

Kirby is good no doubt and I would have said the same thing. They are best team out of region 8 in my opinion. So u think they are going to beat HC at Patriot Stadium should it come down to that? 

5 hours ago, ParisRiverRat said:

I will take a WIN, by 1 point or 28. A win is a win.  Athletes making plays is a nemesis for HC, while I have not seen Ridgeway, I HAVE NO DOUBT that they will have kids that can make 80 yard plays.

I am going with 31-21 HC, but 28-27 is fine too...

Survive and advance...

They have athletes like most Memphis teams do. How well our defense does at limiting the big plays will be the key in this game. They have a DB that has allowed only 1 catch all season! He is a lock down defender! 

4 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Kirby is good no doubt and I would have said the same thing. They are best team out of region 8 in my opinion. So u think they are going to beat HC at Patriot Stadium should it come down to that? 

IF the weather isn't bad AND their defense is healthy (I think some key guys, meaning college prospects, are missing) and their QB plays his A game, Paris may be sad come 10 pm Friday, Nov 22.

43 minutes ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

IF the weather isn't bad AND their defense is healthy (I think some key guys, meaning college prospects, are missing) and their QB plays his A game, Paris may be sad come 10 pm Friday, Nov 22.

Well I know from the beginning of the season I didn't ever expect us to be in Cookeville or really even the semi final because I knew how good Beech would be this year. Then you throw on top of that we have a freshman QB (which I love how he is playing). But if you asked me at the beginning of the year I would have said if we make it to 3rd round it would be a success! I stick by it! Should we be fortunate enough to make it any further then that exceeds my expectations! GO BIG RED!!!

Edited by PatriotNation

Well it is the playoffs and a whole new season. In my opinion some of you are getting “ the cart before the horse “ because HC hasn’t beat anyone in the playoffs yet, let alone advancing to round 3 against Kirby. This RW team won’t be easy to beat but I like our chances because of the coaching.

Kirby still has a road game at DC and that won’t be easy in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, gr8tn08 said:

Well it is the playoffs and a whole new season. In my opinion some of you are getting “ the cart before the horse “ because HC hasn’t beat anyone in the playoffs yet, let alone advancing to round 3 against Kirby. This RW team won’t be easy to beat but I like our chances because of the coaching.

Kirby still has a road game at DC and that won’t be easy in my opinion.

Not looking ahead at all just talking. I know what Ridgeway is capable of. I'm the last guy to take them lightly I promise you that. HC will come out prepared and ready for this game. If we don't give up the big plays we should be ok. I don't believe Ridgeway will go on a 10 to 15 play drive and score, I think they will have to get big plays which they are capable of doing. I'm hoping Patriot Stadium will be standing room only and that the cold weather doesn't scare people off.