RIDGEWAY @ HENRY COUNTY PLAYOFF ROUND 1

PatriotNation

9 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Not looking ahead at all just talking. I know what Ridgeway is capable of. I'm the last guy to take them lightly I promise you that. HC will come out prepared and ready for this game. If we don't give up the big plays we should be ok. I don't believe Ridgeway will go on a 10 to 15 play drive and score, I think they will have to get big plays which they are capable of doing. I'm hoping Patriot Stadium will be standing room only and that the cold weather doesn't scare people off. 

Yeah don't think RW will go on long drives against our D...

Yeah I remember those games. It seemed like half of the county was there but players graduate and some fans that used to come aren’t able to for one reason or another. And then there are the fair weather fans that show up when it is nice outside or just to socialize and don’t have to deal with the elements.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gr8tn08 said:

Yeah I remember those games. It seemed like half of the county was there but players graduate and some fans that used to come aren’t able to for one reason or another. And then there are the fair weather fans that show up when it is nice outside or just to socialize and don’t have to deal with the elements.

Yeah I have family members like that lol. I think most of the game Friday night will be in the 30s with a little bit of wind. It will be cool no doubt

T$$AA's $8 per ticket adds up quick for a family of 4 or 5. Plus, most of the 1st and 2nd round games at Patriot Stadium have been blowouts in the past. Hard to legitimize (for some people) spending $40 or $50 on a running clock game. No reason, with the number of playoff games in the state, that you can't keep ticket prices at $5 or $6, in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

T$$AA's $8 per ticket adds up quick for a family of 4 or 5. Plus, most of the 1st and 2nd round games at Patriot Stadium have been blowouts in the past. Hard to legitimize (for some people) spending $40 or $50 on a running clock game. No reason, with the number of playoff games in the state, that you can't keep ticket prices at $5 or $6, in my opinion.

I agree 100%!! It should be the same price as a regular season game. They are still making their money. 

I wonder what percentage the TSSAA gets of these playoff tickets, and what the schools get. Do any of you know? I think the Patriots will come out victorious Friday night, but I do see Ridgeway being a handful. Depth and coaching will win out in the second half. 21-13 at the half, 35-13 final. They’ll hit a couple of big plays in the first half, one on special teams, but we make the halftime adjustments needed to shut them down after that. That’s my prognostication. GBR

2 hours ago, OmahaPatriot said:

I wonder what percentage the TSSAA gets of these playoff tickets, and what the schools get. Do any of you know? I think the Patriots will come out victorious Friday night, but I do see Ridgeway being a handful. Depth and coaching will win out in the second half. 21-13 at the half, 35-13 final. They’ll hit a couple of big plays in the first half, one on special teams, but we make the halftime adjustments needed to shut them down after that. That’s my prognostication. GBR

I believe T$$AA gets 50% and the schools split the other 50%.  could be wrong and traveling team gets a little more but I would be it is close to this.

2 hours ago, UTInsider said:

I believe T$$AA gets 50% and the schools split the other 50%.  could be wrong and traveling team gets a little more but I would be it is close to this.

I believe you are right on this. I also think I read or heard that the home team has to pay the referees out of their 25%. I could be wrong about this.

21 hours ago, gr8tn08 said:

The longer we play, the bigger the crowds will be. It’s a shame but true. However, our crowds are better than most even when we consider it to be “down”.

30 minutes ago, SEC1rules said:

The longer we play, the bigger the crowds will be. It’s a shame but true. However, our crowds are better than most even when we consider it to be “down”.

Yeah that's true too. Just look at most crowds of the teams we have played this year. Both at home and on the road. Opponents crowds have been pretty bad. I wasn't impressed with Brentwoods crowd early this year.