RIDGEWAY @ HENRY COUNTY PLAYOFF ROUND 1

PatriotNation

So much for Sutton not being a good coach- HC never figured out how to deal with Ridgeway's version of the wide tackle six- shutout to Murray State/Va. Tech coach Frank Beamer. Also curious as to why 3 didn't didn't line up in the wildcat as he had done in the previous 8 games.

Edited by bottomwriter
forget something

2 hours ago, bottomwriter said:

So much for Sutton not being a good coach- HC never figured out how to deal with Ridgeway's version of the wide tackle six- shutout to Murray State/Va. Tech coach Frank Beamer. Also curious as to why 3 didn't didn't line up in the wildcat as he had done in the previous 8 games.

I thought I did see #3 in the wildcat a couple of times, although my eyes might've deceived me as 3 and 8 are easy to mix up with our jersey font. 

As for Ridgeway and their 6-down front, all due credit, but I thought we were simply too conservative last night. 4 completions on 6 passing attempts for 54 yards. 9 yards/attempt is pretty dang good, and a big chunk of that came on the last drive. I get the importance of establishing the run, but I wish they'd trust this QB a little more. If they have much hope of getting to Cookeville, they're likely gonna need his arm at some point.  

4 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I thought I did see #3 in the wildcat a couple of times, although my eyes might've deceived me as 3 and 8 are easy to mix up with our jersey font. 

As for Ridgeway and their 6-down front, all due credit, but I thought we were simply too conservative last night. 4 completions on 6 passing attempts for 54 yards. 9 yards/attempt is pretty dang good, and a big chunk of that came on the last drive. I get the importance of establishing the run, but I wish they'd trust this QB a little more. If they have much hope of getting to Cookeville, they're likely gonna need his arm at some point.  

Yes #3 lined up at least two or three times in the wildcat. I'm pretty sure I know why they didn't use the QB much last night but I cannot go into detail on here! 

17 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

I’ve been saying that all season. There’s going to come a time where he has to win a game for us at some point. That third and long throw was pretty clutch to keep the drive going.

4 minutes ago, gr8tn08 said:

Yeah, I think I know from what I have heard. I think our punter bailed us out a couple times in the second half by flipping the field and then our defense kept them bottled up. 

Yes sir made a difference! How elite is this defense? When it comes down to it I trust this defense with everything to make a stop or get a turnover!

1 minute ago, PatriotNation said:

Trust the process and play calling it was all for a reason

I know what you’re referring to as I talked to a family member early in the week, but it was a nonissue last night. Played no part in why they didn’t throw. I think it was more about their defensive scheme and not being sure we could block a six man front. Several times they had 9-10 in the box last night, at some point you have to take a few shots and hope you can beat man coverage. Or at least get them out of it. I trust our coaching staff though, and have no doubt they will figure it out.

16 minutes ago, OmahaPatriot said:

I know what you’re referring to as I talked to a family member early in the week, but it was a nonissue last night. Played no part in why they didn’t throw. I think it was more about their defensive scheme and not being sure we could block a six man front. Several times they had 9-10 in the box last night, at some point you have to take a few shots and hope you can beat man coverage. Or at least get them out of it. I trust our coaching staff though, and have no doubt they will figure it out.

One reason also we didn't throw much is Ridgeway has a couple of lock down defenders at DB. One in particular u don't want to be throwing towards. He will pick u off and be headed the other direction! 

Edited by PatriotNation
  • Like 1