REGIONS 1/2 5-A PLAYOFFS! OPINIONS?

dawgs82

On 11/2/2019 at 9:07 PM, guthook said:

Region 3/4 are miles ahead here.  Not even really worth the discussion.

I think you mean Region 3.

Region 4 will likely be swept, unless Rhea County can beat the worst team Fulton has put on the field in 20 years. 

And how are these games not worth the discussion?  Just about everyone will predict South Doyle over Cherokee, but the other 3 games could possible go either way.

Region 2 wins 3 out of 4, if not a sweep. 

South Doyle v Cherokee will not be close. Elijay will be too much. May have 300+ yards.                                                                                                             

Prediction: SD 56-14.

Central v Crockett could be interesting with both teams coming in on multiple game losing streaks. I think Central gets back on track having more athletes and a better defense than Crockett.                                                                             

Prediction: Central 38-14.

Halls v Daniel Boone will be a hard noised, physical game. Halls is well coached and #8 for them is a special playmaker. Look for him to be the deciding factor in this one.

Prediction: Halls 31-22.

TN High v Gibbs is the game I would really like to see. Gibbs runs a hard scheme to defend, especially with the speed and athleticism from the QB #7. If TN High can control the LOS and play disciplined defense they will win, if not then this will be a game that goes down to the wire.                                                                 

Prediction: TN High 34- 28.

Edited by WoodlawnFalcons

2 hours ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

South Doyle v Cherokee will not be close. Elijay will be too much. May have 300+ yards.                                                                                                             

Central v Crockett could be interesting with both teams coming in on multiple game losing streaks. I think Central gets back on track having more athletes and a better defense than Crockett.                                                                             

Halls v Daniel Boone will be a hard noised, physical game. Halls is well coached and #8 for them is a special playmaker. Look for him to be the deciding factor in this one.

TN High v Gibbs is the game I would really like to see. Gibbs runs a hard scheme to defend, especially with the speed and athleticism from the QB #7. If TN High can control the LOS and play disciplined defense they will win, if not then this will be a game that goes down to the wire.                                                                 

Sounds about right I believe Crockett and Central will be closer. I heard Cole will be back for Boone if so Boone wins.

I could see Region 1 going 3-1.  I am really not impressed with what I've seen from Halls or Gibbs this season.  Gibbs did just pull off a major upset against Central, however, that makes me question Central more than it does anything else.  I think Crockett is better than Gibbs, so I think Crockett vs Central will be the closest game (Not sure yet who I predict to win).  Halls is a one man band, and I think Boone is a more complete team.  Even if #8 scores 3 touchdowns, I still think Boone wins by 14+.   Gibbs apparently is better than I originally thought, however I don't think they have enough to sneak up on 2 teams better than them in a row.  I predict TN high to win that one by a few TDs. 

10 hours ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

Agreed, but I see Gibbs' style of offense giving TN big problems. Keeps the ball from their offense, and the Gibbs defense isn't that bad.

16 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Agreed, but I see Gibbs' style of offense giving TN big problems. Keeps the ball from their offense, and the Gibbs defense isn't that bad.

Agreed, Gibbs is on a roll right now. Both teams have good defenses so this could be a low scoring game. The biggest thing  is Tn Highs QB. Tough runner but is inaccurate on a lot of throws. They will have to throw to beat Gibbs, that QB power play won’t work over and over on them. I’m calling the upset here, I think Gibbs wins.

Edited by chsbobcat09

On 11/4/2019 at 12:00 PM, stockton4182 said:

Sounds about right I believe Crockett and Central will be closer. I heard Cole will be back for Boone if so Boone wins.

If we don’t play better than we did last Friday, it won’t matter. We flat out got beat last Friday. Both teams coming in on losing streaks, something has to give. Couldn’t even begin to predict this game because it all depends on how the players react. For us, we shall see as the week progresses.

4 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

If we don’t play better than we did last Friday, it won’t matter. We flat out got beat last Friday. Both teams coming in on losing streaks, something has to give. Couldn’t even begin to predict this game because it all depends on how the players react. For us, we shall see as the week progresses.

Looking forward to the trip down. Something has to give. Cade Larkins likes 249 passing yards to become the Tennessee Career leader.

I think I saw a post earlier in the season from a Crockett fan that felt that their lines of scrimmage were not producing this year. I think it was after a couple of loses. If the lines are struggling, Central's defense will have Larkins running for his life. I'd love to see him break the record, but I look for him to come up short. Central by 2-3 TD's. It's also supposed to be very cold. Not good for the receivers trying to stay warm.

27 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

I think I saw a post earlier in the season from a Crockett fan that felt that their lines of scrimmage were not producing this year. I think it was after a couple of loses. If the lines are struggling, Central's defense will have Larkins running for his life. I'd love to see him break the record, but I look for him to come up short. Central by 2-3 TD's. It's also supposed to be very cold. Not good for the receivers trying to stay warm.

I believe he will set the record.