UC vs Douglas First Round

Bigsw02

For the third year in a row UC will host Fredrick Douglas out of Memphis in the First Round of the playoffs. We know that they will be coming in very athletic and probably tired of losing to my Tornadoes in the First Round the last two years. We are going to have to be ready and focused to come away with the win on Friday night. UC is much improved over the last few weeks and will look to continue on that road for the next few weeks. After the week off we looked a little rusty last night but after a series or two we started to settle in. Im looking forward to watching this game and seeing my guys continue to improve. What say you?

28 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

For the third year in a row UC will host Fredrick Douglas out of Memphis in the First Round of the playoffs. We know that they will be coming in very athletic and probably tired of losing to my Tornadoes in the First Round the last two years. We are going to have to be ready and focused to come away with the win on Friday night. UC is much improved over the last few weeks and will look to continue on that road for the next few weeks. After the week off we looked a little rusty last night but after a series or two we started to settle in. Im looking forward to watching this game and seeing my guys continue to improve. What say you?

Gotta agree they are probably sick of the first round exit from them Twisty Fellars but, what have they done to adjust to your style of play???NOTHING! If I am correct it could very well be the exact same scenario as last year for the Tornadoes, the big question will be has region 8 schemed and adjusted for what yall do ?  This one will be a UC Grind fest I am going UC 35 Douglas 14

Edited by PeabodyPride

It will be a interesting match up to say the least ! I think Fairley will try to adjust to the veer with limited succses , Fairley would score fast but play very undisciplined ball !!! UC will win in the rematch if they are able to use the ball control style of ball with success imo.. Fairley seems lime they are more worried about the highlight reel than winnimg at times, not saying they arent well coached and capable its just the mindset the teams that come out of Memphis often have. I think class 2 A ball outta Memphis is lightyears ahead of even 3 years ago but 7 2 A just knows how to beat those teams, will it change this year ?Only gametime will tell.

17 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

It will be a interesting match up to say the least ! I think Fairley will try to adjust to the veer with limited succses , Fairley would score fast but play very undisciplined ball !!! UC will win in the rematch if they are able to use the ball control style of ball with success imo.. Fairley seems lime they are more worried about the highlight reel than winnimg at times, not saying they arent well coached and capable its just the mindset the teams that come out of Memphis often have. I think class 2 A ball outta Memphis is lightyears ahead of even 3 years ago but 7 2 A just knows how to beat those teams, will it change this year ?Only gametime will tell.

Fairley was just a few penalties away from winning last year.  I want to know if fairley throws the ball 

Uh guys. I appreciate all of the talk about Fairly but........we have to beat Douglas first. With the way our season has gone this year, I can't look any further than the next game. Well for that matter, the next quarter. One step , one play,  one down, one quarter at a time. Further to that, Fairly has to get to the second round as well. Just saying

• Like 1