UC vs Douglas First Round

Bigsw02

Did I hear That Douglas had a bye week going into the playoffs. Did a region 8 team really forfeit their last game to Douglas. Wow that means they had 2 weeks to rest and practice for UC offense. Hmmmmm.  Oh and also Mitchell had the same thing. Sounds like R8 pulling out all the stops to try to take out R7. Something smells fishy to me. 

23 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Did I hear That Douglas had a bye week going into the playoffs. Did a region 8 team really forfeit their last game to Douglas. Wow that means they had 2 weeks to rest and practice for UC offense. Hmmmmm.  Oh and also Mitchell had the same thing. Sounds like R8 pulling out all the stops to try to take out R7. Something smells fishy to me. 

I created a website dedicated to this topic. It sure does seem like Shenanigans to me out of Region 8. You think I'm joking but I'm not!

I love it that these teams took off a week at the end of the season to get ready for the playoffs. It has been my experience that a bye week can do more harm than good. I would also like to add that preparing for the Veer is very difficult to do. You can mimick formations and handoffs but you can't mimick a QB's decision making. You can't mimick a blocking skeehm. You can't mimick Coach Bowling's adjustments during the game. Im am not at all concerned at all about the extra week to prepare. Bowling will be 5 steps ahead of them by the time they hit the field. He has seen just about anything they can come up with. The name of the game is discipline. I have yet to see a Memphis team that can maintain discipline for a complete game against this triple option offense. With that being said, GO TORNADOES

5 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

I love it that these teams took off a week at the end of the season to get ready for the playoffs. It has been my experience that a bye week can do more harm than good. I would also like to add that preparing for the Veer is very difficult to do. You can mimick formations and handoffs but you can't mimick a QB's decision making. You can't mimick a blocking skeehm. You can't mimick Coach Bowling's adjustments during the game. Im am not at all concerned at all about the extra week to prepare. Bowling will be 5 steps ahead of them by the time they hit the field. He has seen just about anything they can come up with. The name of the game is discipline. I have yet to see a Memphis team that can maintain discipline for a complete game against this triple option offense. With that being said, GO TORNADOES

Go Tornadoes!

29 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

Dag nab it son !!!! You got me fired up now !!! Awesome post....

2 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

Only people expecting to lose would turn a forfeit loss into a conspiracy theory to make it into something it's not.... Obviously Union City isn't worried about any of that, you all will win by as many points as you want.

Edited by GCPioneer

On 11/5/2019 at 2:41 PM, BlackHavenSenator said:

As long as the refs don't get overly involved Fairley should roll through the vaunted Region 7

Already playing the referee card i see! Don't commit the penalties and the refs won't be a part of any game that Fairley plays.

Edited by ReitzFan

51 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Now don't tell a team in Memphis to take a shortcut as they would be likely to get lost like BTW has a history of doing.

That’s  Memphis for ya haha. I remember in ‘11 when we hosted Douglass and they literally got off the bus right at kickoff time

Edited by Goldenpride