Dll-A playoffs....Neither 1 seed has big advantage

Eagle9019

Fayette Academy seems to have been off their game a little the last couple of weeks, or perhaps just run into two consecutive teams that are peaking at the right time. Regardless, I believe they are capable of beating anyone in this division on a given night when their offense is clicking. There are a handful of teams that are all pretty evenly matched and have a reasonable chance to make a run. The teams from the West should be more battle tested and time will tell whether that proves to be an advantage as I would expect it would.

I think USJ is going to be a really tough out on a dry field thru the playoffs. They have to play more physical than they have and finish games in the 4th quarter. DA and NCS both dominated them physically, especially late, and took the W during the regular season. That semi final game at NCS could be a dandy. We are likely to see a DA @ FCS semi on the other side of the bracket but DA has to take care of business in round 2 where they will likely host DCA and that did not go well last time they squared off 2 years ago. Columbia Academy is a real sleeper for me. Would not be surprised to see them knock off FCS in the Quarter's, especially if FCS is still battling some injuries. 

SEMIS:

DA wins @ FCS

USJ wins @ NCS

CHAMPIONSHIP:

USJ beats DA

1 hour ago, CFAfan said:

I think USJ is going to be a really tough out on a dry field thru the playoffs. They have to play more physical than they have and finish games in the 4th quarter. DA and NCS both dominated them physically, especially late, and took the W during the regular season. That semi final game at NCS could be a dandy. We are likely to see a DA @ FCS semi on the other side of the bracket but DA has to take care of business in round 2 where they will likely host DCA and that did not go well last time they squared off 2 years ago. Columbia Academy is a real sleeper for me. Would not be surprised to see them knock off FCS in the Quarter's, especially if FCS is still battling some injuries. 

SEMIS:

DA wins @ FCS

USJ wins @ NCS

CHAMPIONSHIP:

USJ beats DA

Assuming DCA wins their first round game they will face DA. They are still very young on both lines but enough size to be competitive. DCA has the WRs and RBs to be dangerous. If they don’t turn the ball over like they have all season they are a tough out for any team in the division. 

Regardless this may be a year too early to be in the discussion for a gold ball. Next season they have some ineligible players that will be good to go and several outstanding current freshmen and sophomores who will be a year bigger and stronger. 

Best of luck to all the teams. 

6 hours ago, CFAfan said:

SEMIS:

DA wins @ FCS

USJ wins @ NCS

CHAMPIONSHIP:

USJ beats DA

WOW

:ph34r:

8 hours ago, CFAfan said:

SEMIS:

DA wins @ FCS

USJ wins @ NCS

CHAMPIONSHIP:

USJ beats DA

More likely NCS beating DA for the championship.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, inthagap said:

More likely NCS beating DA for the championship.

That would certainly not surprise me but I have little faith in NCS coaching. They win if they have the absolute best talent on the field but not otherwise IMO. NCS or USJ over FCS or DA or vice versa would be no shock. I think all 4 have a legit shot and the only other team with a punchers chance is CA but I cannot see any scenario they win it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CFAfan said:

That would certainly not surprise me but I have little faith in NCS coaching. They win if they have the absolute best talent on the field but not otherwise IMO. NCS or USJ over FCS or DA or vice versa would be no shock. I think all 4 have a legit shot and the only other team with a punchers chance is CA but I cannot see any scenario they win it. 

I hear you. FCS lost only QB they had(and he was going to be really good) in preseason game. Coach McNeil has done maybe his best job coaching this year to keep them competitive.  If they can make the show, I tip my hat to the players and coaches efforts.

7 minutes ago, inthagap said:

I hear you. FCS lost only QB they had(and he was going to be really good) in preseason game. Coach McNeil has done maybe his best job coaching this year to keep them competitive.  If they can make the show, I tip my hat to the players and coaches efforts.

Had heard the QB was back or would be next week for FCS. True?