Dll-A playoffs....Neither 1 seed has big advantage

Eagle9019

41 minutes ago, CFAfan said:

Had heard the QB was back or would be next week for FCS. True?

I would doubt it. Broke his leg, has scholarship to play SEC baseball. Hasn't played a snap all year, not much of a difference this late in the season. He is a great kid.

Edited by inthagap

In my mind there is absolutely no question that the West is much stronger then the east. Having seen and studied every team in the west region, Nashville Christian is the best team. Even though their quarterback does not have anywhere near the most passing yards in the league, I believe he is the best overall quarterback in the West. The quarterback from Fayette Academy is a close second. The Jackson Christian quarterback has the most passing yards but in my opinion is not as talented in some other areas. I think their defense has the best lateral Pursuit have any team that I've seen this year. I also think their overall size on the offensive and defensive lines is freakish for D2-A football. I think the worst thing that could hold back Nashville Christian is if they get whistled alot for some of their tactics that in my opinion are less than sportsmanlike. They are talented enough that they don't need to use those type of tactics.

I definitely think that Nashville Christian will win the title. I also think that the West is deep enough that any of the top five teams are capable of winning the title given the right circumstances.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

In my mind there is absolutely no question that the West is much stronger then the east. Having seen and studied every team in the west region, Nashville Christian is the best team. Even though their quarterback does not have anywhere near the most passing yards in the league, I believe he is the best overall quarterback in the West. The quarterback from Fayette Academy is a close second. The Jackson Christian quarterback has the most passing yards but in my opinion is not as talented in some other areas. I think their defense has the best lateral Pursuit have any team that I've seen this year. I also think their overall size on the offensive and defensive lines is freakish for D2-A football. I think the worst thing that could hold back Nashville Christian is if they get whistled alot for some of their tactics that in my opinion are less than sportsmanlike. They are talented enough that they don't need to use those type of tactics.

I definitely think that Nashville Christian will win the title. I also think that the West is deep enough that any of the top five teams are capable of winning the title given the right circumstances.

You boys on the west side beat the heck out of each other and give us a shot 

Top to bottom the West is much stronger this year but FCS is just as good as any of them as well.  Four teams have a legit shot at winning gold and two more will have a say.  USJ has the easiest path to the semi-finals, as they will not have any trouble with the two East teams they have to play.  DA has the next easiest road.  NCS and FCS have the hardest round 2 match ups and both will need to play well to win.  NCS has the most size/talent but the worst game day coaching.  They could easily be 8-2 or 7-3 right now.  Playoffs are wide open this year and should be fun to watch. 

10 minutes ago, Titanmike said:

Top to bottom the West is much stronger this year but FCS is just as good as any of them as well.  Four teams have a legit shot at winning gold and two more will have a say.  USJ has the easiest path to the semi-finals, as they will not have any trouble with the two East teams they have to play.  DA has the next easiest road.  NCS and FCS have the hardest round 2 match ups and both will need to play well to win.  NCS has the most size/talent but the worst game day coaching.  They could easily be 8-2 or 7-3 right now.  Playoffs are wide open this year and should be fun to watch. 

I kinda disagree. FCS is a notch below those West teams IMO. I also believe DCA is capable of beating DA even though it would be a big upset. 

One aspect of the Division II A playoffs is the travel that will be involved.   In the first round, Chattanooga Grace will travel to Jackson to play USJ; Tipton Rosemark will travel to Donelson to play DCA;  and Fayette travels to Murfreesboro to play MTCS.  Mt. Juliet Christian has the shortest of the four trips and that trip is still more than an hour and a half.  

Then in the second round USJ will have to travel a great distance to play Kings.  Significant travel.

But the playoffs are always the best part of the season and the kids will probably not notice the distance.

Good luck to all and enjoy the RIDE!

I would not discount MTCS as an easy out. The team got beat up early in the season by two 4A schools who ended up both being 3 seeds in the playoffs. Sandwich a horrible game against FC in the middle and things start off very rough. They started getting players back and healthy three weeks ago. I think they will keep it interesting, don't know how they stop FA QB? But someone has figured it out, they have not won a game since September.

9 hours ago, CABacker said:

In response to your question I think the closest game will be Tipton vs DCA. I think Tipton will be able to run the ball 

Fayette is a very good team. They are still on their stride. I think they will prove that  Friday. 

DCAs defense has been good all year and now they are healthy. Teams haven’t really ran the ball on them too well. This game wouldn’t surprise me if its a 21+ pt game. If DCA turns the ball over a lot that could change.

It seems that teams with worse offenses and defenses have soundly beaten TR this season. Will be fun to watch it. Safe travels to everyone.