Gallatin hosts Summit

Verb58

On 11/3/2019 at 8:19 PM, eers said:

Something similar might be ok. I definitely don’t like reseeding each round. 

I wish they would set the brackets so a team from each region is in separate brackets. I mean the goal is to get the 2 best teams in the final. That cannot happen if the teams are knocking each other out. I know it is done this way to keep cost down on travel but, I feel we can have much better games if we had them spread out to separate the regions. 

4 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

I wish they would set the brackets so a team from each region is in separate brackets. I mean the goal is to get the 2 best teams in the final. That cannot happen if the teams are knocking each other out. I know it is done this way to keep cost down on travel but, I feel we can have much better games if we had them spread out to separate the regions. 

I don't know that it would really make any difference.  Typically, but not always bet team ends up in the championship anyway.  I know in our region with 6A OAKLND (Blackman) ourselves, Riverdale, Cookeville  end up Going to play region 3  (USUAL SUSPECTS ) to end up sometimes getting that crazy scenario of facing the Maryville at some point. Truth be told we might get lucky and last 1 more game, maybe 2, but the best team is still going to be the best team ... Now it would be more exciting to go play other teams so we don't beat up on each other all season and then have to face each other again in post season. I think it would sell more tickets as well. Most fans have some ideal how you will fare against an opponent you played once already. 

36 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I don't know that it would really make any difference.  Typically, but not always bet team ends up in the championship anyway.  I know in our region with 6A OAKLND (Blackman) ourselves, Riverdale, Cookeville  end up Going to play region 3  (USUAL SUSPECTS ) to end up sometimes getting that crazy scenario of facing the Maryville at some point. Truth be told we might get lucky and last 1 more game, maybe 2, but the best team is still going to be the best team ... Now it would be more exciting to go play other teams so we don't beat up on each other all season and then have to face each other again in post season. I think it would sell more tickets as well. Most fans have some ideal how you will fare against an opponent you played once already. 

My thoughts exactly. round 2 and 3 in the current format will have the best teams from 1 region playing again. If they would separate them you have better games that are not repeats. However travel will be more expensive, but I think most of the teams would travel for a better game rather than play a local again. 

9 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

My thoughts exactly. round 2 and 3 in the current format will have the best teams from 1 region playing again. If they would separate them you have better games that are not repeats. However travel will be more expensive, but I think most of the teams would travel for a better game rather than play a local again. 

You eliminate alot of potential travel by dropping down to 5 classes. I'm all for avoiding potential rematches after 1 round