Gallatin hosts Summit

Verb58

Let me tell ya, Summit was a lot better than what I thought.  In fact that whole region is obviously pretty good.  Summit out quicked Gallatin on the lines all night.  They stymied the running game.  Summit had a tough night getting stuck on 109 due to the blasting accident and I thought that would really hurt them but I was wrong.  They came out on fire!!  Those Wade brothers are a handful and they are pretty young across the board.  No wonder why those brothers are getting a lot of college looks as sophomores.  I was surprised by the score but I knew this would be a tough road.  No shame in 9-2.  Hard to say good bye to these seniors but there is a bunch too look forward to in the pipeline! 
Congratulations Summit!! 

41 minutes ago, StarRaider said:

Shout out to the Gallatin and Summit teams and staff for getting this game to even happen.  Win or lose, Gallatin is a special place for TN HS football.  Congrats to both on a great season.

Normally it is. But with Summit not arriving at stadium until 8:00, an 8:30 kickoff time, the game being viewable on TV, and temperature in the 20's, I was extremely unimpressed with who all stuck around to watch the game. Made us look bad all-around right there on TV for all to see. Was just not a good night for our Green Wave. 

For the first time this season, I can say the coaches made some bad choices.

Brisco (our #1 qb all year) was obviously available to play or they wouldn't have put him in in 4th qtr. (His first time being back since being injured about 5-6 weeks ago.)

When he came in, our playbook FINALLY opened up and flipped a page. We threw it downfield, with actual purpose and success. It went to show that he may have needed to start the game.

Our other QB is a good runner, but plain & simply cannot find the open man down field on time.

Edited by thegreatone36

111 to 20

That was the score last night between Region 5 and Region 6. I got to catch the second half of the game on tv and was totally impressed with Summit. And if Columbia hadn’t  continually shoot itself in the foot it would’ve been a Region 5 Sweep. Beech’s O line was manhandled by the Lions all night long. This same defense averaged giving up over 30 a game to Page, Shelbyville and Summit. Not looking good for Region 6. 

27 minutes ago, tandem said:

111 to 20

That was the score last night between Region 5 and Region 6. I got to catch the second half of the game on tv and was totally impressed with Summit. And if Columbia hadn’t  continually shoot itself in the foot it would’ve been a Region 5 Sweep. Beech’s O line was manhandled by the Lions all night long. This same defense averaged giving up over 30 a game to Page, Shelbyville and Summit. Not looking good for Region 6. 

Your guys were somehow able to pull out the victory with 6 points, but that W is what mattered the most. Last night was not a good look for the region. I guess they were all tired of hearing how good Beech & Gallatin were. On the flip, Beech & Gallatin had no reason to not be 100% p****d of and fired up for ANY playoff game. Very frustrating how lackluster it seemed both teams played.

Good luck to Beech next week. 

14 minutes ago, football6 said:

I think summit ran into a wreck on the way.

A wreck that held them up 3 hours? The shouldve been at stadium by 5 to 5:30. They arrived at 8:00. Gallatin had to do warmups 3 times and I stood there to watch it all. Dont know if that played a factor in their lackluster performance or not, but it definitely completely killed the playoff atmosphere.