Round 1: Riverdale @Mt Juliet

DillonPanthers1

So. This is not last year's Mt Juliet. In anyway. Not the same players, or coaching. This team looks to be in disarray after last night's thrashing. 

Hendersonville is not Riverdale either (seen both against Oakland). That team would get destroyed by the Warriors. Not sure what has happened to the MJ defense. This team doesn't have the hard nosed smothering defense that Abner always puts out. No powerful running game, 2 strengths TP has always implemented in his teams. 

Riverdale will surge early because of mistakes. MJ will crumble fast if something bad happens early. Last year I said MJ would be wiped over quickly by the "Rutherford County Surge" that Oakland, Riverdale and Blackman come out the gate with that intimidates teams. I was wrong when they played Blackman in the second round. They withstood the early kickoff fumble and Blackman scored 3 plays later. I repeat I was wrong. But not this year, Riverdale will be up by 3 TDs by the end of the 1st and the Bears will be going into hibernation by this time next week if the same bunch comes out there with the same enthusiasm they had last night. 

MOJO

BIG MONEY BUDDY

Edited by DillonPanthers1
  • Upvote 1

I

15 minutes ago, DillonPanthers1 said:

So. This is not last year's Mt Juliet. In anyway. Not the same players, or coaching. This team looks to be in disarray after last night's thrashing. 

Hendersonville is not Riverdale either (seen both against Oakland). That team would get destroyed by the Warriors. Not sure what has happened to the MJ defense. This team doesn't have the hard nosed smothering defense that Abner always puts out. No powerful running game, 2 strengths TP has always implemented in his teams. 

Riverdale will surge early because of mistakes. MJ will crumble fast if something bad happens early. Last year I said MJ would be wiped over quickly by the "Rutherford County Surge" that Oakland, Riverdale and Blackman come out the gate with that intimidates teams. I was wrong when they played Blackman in the second round. They withstood the early kickoff fumble and Blackman scored 3 plays later. I repeat I was wrong. But not this year, Riverdale will be up by 3 TDs by the end of the 1st and the Bears will be going into hibernation by this time next week if the same bunch comes out there with the same enthusiasm they had last night. 

MOJO

BIG MONEY BUDDY

Iagree,,, I think Riverdale is playing better ball at the moment. The game last night will either be the epsom salts or sleeping gas... Mt Juliet will have to decide if they want to go on and play basketball or play another game of football .  Now as someone who grew up near and dear to Odessa Permian,"THE" real Mojo ... There aint but one.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blaze45 said:

I

Iagree,,, I think Riverdale is playing better ball at the moment. The game last night will either be the epsom salts or sleeping gas... Mt Juliet will have to decide if they want to go on and play basketball or play another game of football .  Now as someone who grew up near and dear to Odessa Permian,"THE" real Mojo ... There aint but one.....

I concur my flaming friend! 

BIG MONEY BUDDY

If we show up like last Friday, which I doubt the players/couches want to get embarrassed Like that again, we will get mercy ruled. With such a young team I’m ready to move onto next season anyway. This batch of players just don’t mesh well together and CONSTANTLY MAKE TERRIBLE MISTAKES. Not fun to watch.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

If we show up like last Friday, which I doubt the players/couches want to get embarrassed Like that again, we will get mercy ruled. With such a young team I’m ready to move onto next season anyway. This batch of players just don’t mesh well together and CONSTANTLY MAKE TERRIBLE MISTAKES. Not fun to watch.

That must be a tough pill to swallow. But nothing you are saying is wrong, I am still surprised how this season has played out for the Golden Bears. What is it that caused this team to collapse?

ITS PLAYOFF TIME! GOT THAT MOJO!

BIG MONEY BUDDY

46 minutes ago, DillonPanthers1 said:

That must be a tough pill to swallow. But nothing you are saying is wrong, I am still surprised how this season has played out for the Golden Bears. What is it that caused this team to collapse?

ITS PLAYOFF TIME! GOT THAT MOJO!

BIG MONEY BUDDY

Collapse is the perfect term to describe the end of the season..... and beginning.