Hendersonville vs Cookville Could be the toughest 4/1 matchup

Blaze45

While Cookeville was blasted last night, I don't think they looked at all ready to play. They came out flat and stayed that way. I am a Blaze fan ,but have not been blown away by their offense or defense this year .They have been somewhat one dimensional all year running the  same 10 plays . Last night it was more like 7. That being said I think the toughest 4/1 game on deck this next week will be Cookeville @ Hendersonville. I believe coaching this week will make the difference. If Jimmy Maynord gets his team fired up and ready it could be a heck of a game. I think this will be a slugfest for both teams. No easy game here. How well Hendersonville stays focused and healthy will be key . Thoughts?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

While Cookeville was blasted last night, I don't think they looked at all ready to play. They came out flat and stayed that way. I am a Blaze fan ,but have not been blown away by their offense or defense this year .They have been somewhat one dimensional all year running the  same 10 plays . Last night it was more like 7. That being said I think the toughest 4/1 game on deck this next week will be Cookeville @ Hendersonville. I believe coaching this week will make the difference. If Jimmy Maynord gets his team fired up and ready it could be a heck of a game. I think this will be a slugfest for both teams. No easy game here. How well Hendersonville stays focused and healthy will be key . Thoughts?

Matchup-Wise, this isn't a bad matchup for Cookeville and if this was one of Maynord's better teams, I think they might have a good chance to win. Hendersonville is a team that could easily be 8-2 and finally put it all together last night. I like Hendersonville by a couple TD's

5 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Matchup-Wise, this isn't a bad matchup for Cookeville and if this was one of Maynord's better teams, I think they might have a good chance to win. Hendersonville is a team that could easily be 8-2 and finally put it all together last night. I like Hendersonville by a couple TD's

I agree.  I think Hendersonville takes this one.  

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

I think if this was Maynord 2017 or 2018 it would be real close going in... Depends on how well he plans for this game, and if he can get his team up.... Hendersonville is playing good ball, but I think this will be and indicator where the region is in comparison. Oakland will be a blow out against just about everybody,,, Blackman should win Vs WC Riverdale is playing better than they did last year IMO , so that should be a good game @ MJ (especially the way they struggled last night) 

10 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I think if this was Maynord 2017 or 2018 it would be real close going in... Depends on how well he plans for this game, and if he can get his team up.... Hendersonville is playing good ball, but I think this will be and indicator where the region is in comparison. Oakland will be a blow out against just about everybody,,, Blackman should win Vs WC Riverdale is playing better than they did last year IMO , so that should be a good game @ MJ (especially the way they struggled last night) 

3-6A better get their licks in now, it won't be as easy when Gallatin and Beech move up to 6A

14 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

3-6A better get their licks in now, it won't be as easy when Gallatin and Beech move up to 6A

I knew Gallatin had an enrollment of almost 1700, but I thought Beech was hovering around 1333?  Is rezoning going to affect Beech?  Regardless, I think Beech is well equipped to play 6A ball, especially if they get a couple of more good players due to rezoning.

2 minutes ago, ocac said:

I knew Gallatin had an enrollment of almost 1700, but I thought Beech was hovering around 1333?  Is rezoning going to affect Beech?  Regardless, I think Beech is well equipped to play 6A ball, especially if they get a couple of more good players due to rezoning.

Last I saw Beech has an enrollment of 1385, which is only 100 or so away from Hendersonville. I do agree they'd fare pretty well in 6A, especially if they get put in Region 4

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Last I saw Beech has an enrollment of 1385, which is only 100 or so away from Hendersonville. I do agree they'd fare pretty well in 6A, especially if they get put in Region 4

I would assume since Station Camp is struggling and has a 5A enrollment, they would want out of Region 4-6A.  Would Station Camp administration support a move down in class to 5A or would they persuade them to stay with H’ville & Gallatin & Beech when they move up?

5 minutes ago, ocac said:

I would assume since Station Camp is struggling and has a 5A enrollment, they would want out of Region 4-6A.  Would Station Camp administration support a move down in class to 5A or would they persuade them to stay with H’ville & Gallatin & Beech when they move up?

I can't speak for their administration, but if it was me, I would def support moving down, but doesnt much matter what they're in until they make a coaching change