Lipscomb Academy @ Boyd Buc

reaction

I wrote about this matchup in the II-AA prediction thread, but I don't know enough about Boyd's 50-7 loss at Knoxville Grace last Friday to feel like I can gauge what to expect here.

Interesting about Lipscomb and the timing of their arrival on the sideline. That's what happened when they played at Father Ryan three weeks ago, but at the time I didn't know if that was protocol or an improv due to the heavy rain from the remnants of Tropical Storm Olga.

Will there be any broadcast for this game? It's a pricey vig ($750) for a school to stream live video of a playoff game, and this one isn't on the NFHS list, which for once I'll be able to use for watching actual live games and not just broadcast prep. But perhaps there will be audio?

If not, and particularly with McCallie and Baylor on a bye, it appears Chattanooga local TV will have plenty of post-game coverage.

http://luminationnetwork.com/mustang-inside-scoop-lipscomb-academy-heads-playoffs-5-5-record/

https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/preps/story/2019/oct/31/dramatic-turnaround-htaken-boyd-buchanfootbal/507158/

Edited by LouPickney

2 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Faith and Tim have always been Ensworth parents... I think maybe there has been a mix-up with Sheryl Crow. Or maybe the Dilfer allure pulling in cheerleaders also. 

Lipscomb (sans kickers) warms up at another location and arrives at the field 5-10 minutes before kickoff.  Not sure the purpose here... maybe making the other team wonder where their opponent might be instead focusing on the game...

My guess is they will travel well. It was said that Lipscomb purchased tickets for the families for our home coming game against them, which was cool, I think the biggest combined crowd I’ve seen at CPA.

Lots of passing, of course. Most to #10 who is a really good receiver. 

Good luck Bucs, don’t get distracted by the dog and pony show on the sideline. 

sheryl will do even better...she ant as mean

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Celebs/well-known people being at high school football games is nothing new. At least in Nashville. Famous country music singers, of course, but beyond that particularly in the past few years. Actors, entertainers, etc.

And with the Titans having been here 20+ years now, you've had former Titans players who stayed in the area with sons playing the sport on the high school level. That makes for an interesting dynamic.

And you might be surprised at how many college coaches/scouts show up at these games, or at the very least watch online when available.

1 hour ago, LouPickney said:

Celebs/well-known people being at high school football games is nothing new. At least in Nashville. Famous country music singers, of course, but beyond that particularly in the past few years. Actors, entertainers, etc.

And with the Titans having been here 20+ years now, you've had former Titans players who stayed in the area with sons playing the sport on the high school level. That makes for an interesting dynamic.

And you might be surprised at how many college coaches/scouts show up at these games, or at the very least watch online when available.

Check out the pop up tent with flat screen showing replays to the squad just off the field.  That was a first for me at a HS game

Edited by FBGIRL
Spelling

Proud of the Bucs this season. What a turn around from the last few years. It was awesome to watch the seniors have a taste of success after the last 3 years. They paved the way for future Bucs. The foundation is set for the next few years. Future is bright at the swamp.  Congrats to LA. They have a good squad. 

3 minutes ago, reaction said:

Proud of the Bucs this season. What a turn around from the last few years. It was awesome to watch the seniors have a taste of success after the last 3 years. They paved the way for future Bucs. The foundation is set for the next few years. Future is bright at the swamp.  Congrats to LA. They have a good squad. 

good to hang out Reaction again

Booger just sayin:thumb:

Congrats to Boyd on a very good season. Of all the, "away" venues I've been to, Boyd was probably my favorite atmosphere. The exact year escapes me but it was around 2010 CAK played there and what a great venue. It was almost carnival like in a good way. Reaction, do you guys have a lot coming back or was this, "the year?"