McKenzie vs Mitchell

VOLnWTN

6 hours ago, volsandtitans1 said:

Well...Rebels back in the playoffs.  Anybody know anything about Mitchell?

The Shelby Metro Sportsblog website has been keeping data on all of the Shelby County schools for the year. It is quite extensive. Mitchell is just one big stat producing team. Offensively and defensively.

Go here to view Mitchell's Team Stats as compared to all of the other 69 high schools in Shelby County through 9 games. They average scoring 27.5 ppg offensively, and average allowing 13.1 ppg defensively.

Go here to view if Mitchell has any player to be recognized as a top performer in Shelby County in the Individual Stats categories as compared to all of the players among the 69 high schools in Shelby County through 9 games.

Stats are very telling. These tell us a lot. Mitchell is a passing team with the 8th rated passing offense in all of Shelby County. Their QB, Hadeem Sow, has completed 64% of his passes and he's thrown for over 1,200 yds and 12 TDs with 0 INTs through 9 games  They have three WRs who do damage. Their top WR is also the best in all of Shelby County, stat wise, he has almost 700 yards receiving through 9 games with 8 TDs. another WR has approximately 230 yards of receiving with 2 TDs and the 3rd one has about 220 yds with 2 TDs through the same 9.

Question ... what team in region 7 best resembles what Mitchell does offensively? How did  McKenzie fair against that team?

Edited by kwc

9 minutes ago, kwc said:

The Shelby Metro Sportsblog website has been keeping data on all of the Shelby County schools for the year. It is quite extensive. Mitchell is just one big stat producing team. Offensively and defensively.

Go here to view Mitchell's Team Stats as compared to all of the other 69 high schools in Shelby County through 9 games.

Go here to view if Mitchell has any player to be recognized as a top performer in Shelby County in the Individual Stats categories as compared to all of the players among the 69 high schools in Shelby County through 9 games.

Stats are very telling. These tell us a lot. Mitchell is a passing team with the 8th rated passing offense in all of Shelby County. Their QB, Hadeem Sow, has completed 64% of his passes and he's thrown for over 1,200 yds and 12 TDs with 0 INTs through 9 games  They have three WRs who do damage. Their top WR is also the best in all of Shelby County, stat wise, he has almost 700 yards receiving through 9 games with 8 TDs. another WR has approximately 230 yards of receiving with 2 TDs and the 3rd one has about 220 yds with 2 TDs through the same 9.

Question ... what team in region 7 best resembles what Mitchell does offensively? How did  McKenzie fair against that team?

No one in region 7 is pass heavy. Either balance or run heavy. McKenzie has a good coach I’m sure he will prepare them for the passing.

28 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

No one in region 7 is pass heavy. Either balance or run heavy. McKenzie has a good coach I’m sure he will prepare them for the passing.

I'm sure the coaching staff will address it. They would be crazy not too. I doubt that McKenzie has the speed back there to keep up so if I'm Mitchell I'm expecting to see a lot of blitzing and a lot of zone coverages.

Edited by kwc

1 hour ago, Waker said:

When Mckenzie's freshmen are juniors they will own their district and be very tough to handle, statewide. If they all keep playing and Henry don’t recruit them..... They are a very athletic group.

Just to be clear ... When you say Henry, are you referring to Henry County? Inquiring minds want to know.

11 minutes ago, kwc said:

Just to be clear ... When you say Henry, are you referring to Henry County? Inquiring minds want to know.

Yes. Henry co. It is well known that kids go back and forth between Henry Co and Mckenzie. As far as actually recruiting... I didn’t mean that. Henry just has more to offer as far as exposure 

Edited by Waker

2 hours ago, Waker said:

When Mckenzie's freshmen are juniors they will own their district and be very tough to handle, statewide. If they all keep playing and Henry don’t recruit them..... They are a very athletic group.

At that point, we will be back to single A unless the cutoffs change. 

There will be some good games between these two regions. Mitchell came to Peabody two years ago for the first round and I think we won 30-0, but they hung with us all of the first half and gave us some fits they were young so this could be the year they think they can do something with that talent. I’m rooting for McKenzie, good luck