McKenzie vs Mitchell

VOLnWTN

From what I’ve seen on some of there film from this season Mitchell likes to throw the ball quite a bit. There qb did a lot of scrambling and if he finds a lane you better have your running shoes on if your going to catch him. There line is pretty big but didn’t look like to do much hitting they just stood straight up and blocked. There tailback has some wheels also but if we can contain the outside make him run inside then we can stop him all night with the way there line blocks. Defensively didn’t see anything yet on them. Rebels will just have to come out ready to play. It’s high school football anything can happen!

On 11/3/2019 at 12:44 PM, kwc said:

The Shelby Metro Sportsblog website has been keeping data on all of the Shelby County schools for the year. It is quite extensive. Mitchell is just one big stat producing team. Offensively and defensively.

Go here to view Mitchell's Team Stats as compared to all of the other 69 high schools in Shelby County through 9 games. They average scoring 27.5 ppg offensively, and average allowing 13.1 ppg defensively.

Go here to view if Mitchell has any player to be recognized as a top performer in Shelby County in the Individual Stats categories as compared to all of the players among the 69 high schools in Shelby County through 9 games.

Stats are very telling. These tell us a lot. Mitchell is a passing team with the 8th rated passing offense in all of Shelby County. Their QB, Hadeem Sow, has completed 64% of his passes and he's thrown for over 1,200 yds and 12 TDs with 0 INTs through 9 games  They have three WRs who do damage. Their top WR is also the best in all of Shelby County, stat wise, he has almost 700 yards receiving through 9 games with 8 TDs. another WR has approximately 230 yards of receiving with 2 TDs and the 3rd one has about 220 yds with 2 TDs through the same 9.

Question ... what team in region 7 best resembles what Mitchell does offensively? How did  McKenzie fair against that team?

KWC

Am I reading this correctly all of their TD's are in the air and ZERO on the ground?

2 hours ago, volsandtitans1 said:

KWC

Am I reading this correctly all of their TD's are in the air and ZERO on the ground?

Brother stats can be deceiving in Memphis. They may have passing stats but against who. Also it showed no rushing yards. My guess is they use the short pass as a run. 

4 hours ago, volsandtitans1 said:

I looked at the list for rushing touchdowns, and unless I missed it, no one was on there from Mitchell.  The lowest was 6 TD's.

You didn't miss it. They didn't list anyone under 400 yards rushing through 9 games. 

Look ... the data on the 'Team Stats' link states that Mitchell has scored 248 points through 9 games. They made that list because they are a top scoring team in Shelby County. We learned through the 'Individual Stats' link that Mitchell's starting QB has thrown 12 TDs through the same 9 games, because he is one of the top QBs in Shelby County. That's only 72 points through the air. Assuming they kick XPs on each of those passing TDs add 12 to the 72 to get 84 points. That leaves 164 points. The bulk of the remaining 164 points scored is more than likely going to be points scored on the ground. There are probably some defensive TDs in there. There may be some special teams TDs as well. There may even be some passing TDs from someone other then the starting QB. However, the bulk of that number are more then likely points that were scored on the ground.

Edited by kwc

9 hours ago, kwc said:

You didn't miss it. They didn't list anyone under 400 yards rushing through 9 games. 

Look ... the data on the 'Team Stats' link states that Mitchell has scored 248 points through 9 games. They made that list because they are a top scoring team in Shelby County. We learned through the 'Individual Stats' link that Mitchell's starting QB has thrown 12 TDs through the same 9 games, because he is one of the top QBs in Shelby County. That's only 72 points through the air. Assuming they kick XPs on each of those passing TDs add 12 to the 72 to get 84 points. That leaves 164 points. The bulk of the remaining 164 points scored is more than likely going to be points scored on the ground. There are probably some defensive TDs in there. There may be some special teams TDs as well. There may even be some passing TDs from someone other then the starting QB. However, the bulk of that number are more then likely points that were scored on the ground.

Okay. Didn’t realize they had a cutoff on the rushing. Thanks! 

On 11/3/2019 at 3:56 PM, Waker said:

When Mckenzie's freshmen are juniors they will own their district and be very tough to handle, statewide. If they all keep playing and Henry don’t recruit them..... They are a very athletic group.

I don’t doubt what you say in that Mckenzie’s Freshmen class will be good. But to own this district is a bit much until proven otherwise.  Especially with UC and Trenton in the district. 

Edited by Archiewho

8 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

I don’t doubt what you say in that Mckenzie’s Freshmen class will be good. But to own this district is a bit much until proven otherwise.  Especially with UC and Trenton in the district. 

I am as far from a Mckenzie fan as can be. They will be state champions in some sport by the time this freshman class graduates.

• Thanks 1