Trousdale hosts Marion

Cam615

8 hours ago, MarionMadness said:

I know this will be a very hard game for our kids. Trousdale has one of the best teams in the state most years. We have beat them some and they have beat us some. I believe our kids will surprise some people at how hard they play. You will see a well coached team that plays the game they love as hard as they possibly can play. These kids are relentless and have had a rough go at it this year. We are a young team that is building for the future. Coach Mathis will have them ready and playing hard in this game. I know Coach Mathis has saved some new plays for this game. This is the most important game of the season this week and I expect our kids to play like it. I do not know if we will win the game but I am optimistically hopeful we can. I know our kids will represent our program and town the same way we have all season long with honor and integrity. Those two things are the most important thing teaching our kids. It's not always about the scoreboard. It's a great day to be a warrior.

FEAR THE SPEED, FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE BEARD, & FEAR THE TEAM!

Trousdale County by 42! The boys will try no doubt. Won't matter!!

By the Numbers: Round 1 Marion Co. at Trousdale Co. Post Season Foes Meet Again!                                                                                                                                                          Match-Up History:   Marion Co. and Trousdale Co. are both historical football programs in the State of Tennessee. I won’t go into Trousdale's legacy but Marion Co. much like the Yellow Jackets had a dominate run during the 1990's claiming State Titles in '90 & '92 at the 2A level, and '94 & '95 3A level. Based on my records it wasn't until 2012 that these two programs first clashed. Since then, they have met 4 other times with every match-up being in the Playoffs. Currently the Warriors hold the advantage in the win column taking 3 of the contest. In 2012, the Jasporites won 48-21. The following year, the Jackets returned the favor 41-14 on their way to claim their most recent title. In 2014, the Warrior advanced with a 41-20 win. They won again in 2017 by a score of 32-14. Last season the Jackets moved on in the playoffs with a 41-8 victory. Overall the average score as been Yellow Jackets 27.4, Warriors 28.6.

For the Rest of my weekly segment, check out the Burma Road Podcast. This week's episode includes interviews with @croz6110 of Gordonsville, and Nikki Booker of Westmoreland (@Mr. Postman1 check out your boy). 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1BV7BzAcotTnocfzCFwYyA?si=iyCeMlXSS-imlc1B_fzSoA

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/burma-road/id1477664025#episodeGuid=8174e642-493d-e8fd-8de8-a9e238276059