Trousdale hosts Marion

Cam615

5 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Seems like they doing something right down there. They have some good teams alot of times. Wonder how much a coach makes down there per year with the "under the table" monry uncluded?

Happens at a lot of places!! People just don't know. Suppose to be illegal..since when does that matter...lol

This dude isn't counting the eggs before the chickens hatch ...... the hatch before the chicken eggs..... you get my point. Not so far in the distance past was a 2-8 Stratford team that made it to the Semi-Finals before they were finally buried. I'm sure the ole T posters ate a lot of crow on them. I hope and pray that this Marion Team isn't a repeat of that. The Jacket's need to stay focused on the task at hand. One Game at at Time. Otherwise, Integrity and Honor will beat the Jimmy's and Joe's. 

If any Jacket Players are reading this, look up Hosea 5:5. 

Edited by BCB~MVP
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WARBOSS said:

All Jasper is is good ole buddy politics...a bunch wanting to run the show that have no idea....and idiots that listen....Ken left in '96..Landon Pickett coached 3 and quit....Taylor was head coach 4 seasons..(all winning seasons)..they run him off and Pruitt come for 2 years he flew the coup and they hired Evans for a couple years the Boeck lasted a couple years...etc..etc..etc..

That is a lot of small towns honestly

2 hours ago, CHSAlum04 said:

Unfortunately, it looks like the road to state runs through Greenback again this year. Good luck to any team that has to play them. You don't see kids like the Willis boy in 1A ball. He's a tough nut to stop. I pray this is a safe and hard fought game on both sides tonight.

Clark, wrong thread. This is 2A Ball! Them South Pitt boys just like to ruffle the feathers of their northern foes! 

It takes a lot to have a winning season, you need Jimmy's and Joe's that know the X's and O's.  Marion's problem is that they have 14 coaches (Still don't know why there are so many!) telling 65 young men (and 1 young lady) what to do and only a couple of the coaches actually know how to get it done.  Every year you have different players with different athletic abilities and good coaches know this, understand it, and adjust accordingly.  Unfortunately, Mathis is not included in that count.  Yes he went 13-2 his first season, using Ricky Ross' plays and players.  What happened after that?  7-6, 3-7, and now this year 2-8 (about to be 2-9).  And who thought it was a good idea to schedule multiple 5A teams, one of them even on homecoming?!

The speed is still there, they just don't know which way to run.  No one fears the wing 'cause its broke and everyone sees it coming, As for that beard, its looking scraggly and should be relocated.  I know teams have their ups and downs, but MC has good athletes and there should have been a few more W's on that record.

With all of that, I will be still be at the game tonight cheering for our kids and hoping for a miracle.  GO WARRIORS!!!  #W4L

3 hours ago, WARBOSS said:

All Jasper is is good ole buddy politics...a bunch wanting to run the show that have no idea....and idiots that listen....Ken left in '96..Landon Pickett coached 3 and quit....Taylor was head coach 4 seasons..(all winning seasons)..they run him off and Pruitt come for 2 years he flew the coup and they hired Evans for a couple years the Boeck lasted a couple years...etc..etc..etc..

There is a click at Marion, to your point are running things . Losing Ken was the start of it. That made them feel powerful. Haven’t been the same since. 

On 11/4/2019 at 12:57 PM, MarionMadness said:

I know this will be a very hard game for our kids. Trousdale has one of the best teams in the state most years. We have beat them some and they have beat us some. I believe our kids will surprise some people at how hard they play. You will see a well coached team that plays the game they love as hard as they possibly can play. These kids are relentless and have had a rough go at it this year. We are a young team that is building for the future. Coach Mathis will have them ready and playing hard in this game. I know Coach Mathis has saved some new plays for this game. This is the most important game of the season this week and I expect our kids to play like it. I do not know if we will win the game but I am optimistically hopeful we can. I know our kids will represent our program and town the same way we have all season long with honor and integrity. Those two things are the most important thing teaching our kids. It's not always about the scoreboard. It's a great day to be a warrior.

FEAR THE SPEED, FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE BEARD, & FEAR THE TEAM!

I was beginning to worry PATRICIA, 4 pages but I finally found you! 
 Team INTEGRITY on the Creekbank....hope they bring more than INTEGRITY because TC is wanting a WIN!