Trousdale hosts Marion

Cam615

30 minutes ago, ElGuerreroMorado said:

It takes a lot to have a winning season, you need Jimmy's and Joe's that know the X's and O's.  Marion's problem is that they have 14 coaches (Still don't know why there are so many!) telling 65 young men (and 1 young lady) what to do and only a couple of the coaches actually know how to get it done.  Every year you have different players with different athletic abilities and good coaches know this, understand it, and adjust accordingly.  Unfortunately, Mathis is not included in that count.  Yes he went 13-2 his first season, using Ricky Ross' plays and players.  What happened after that?  7-6, 3-7, and now this year 2-8 (about to be 2-9).  And who thought it was a good idea to schedule multiple 5A teams, one of them even on homecoming?!

The speed is still there, they just don't know which way to run.  No one fears the wing 'cause its broke and everyone sees it coming, As for that beard, its looking scraggly and should be relocated.  I know teams have their ups and downs, but MC has good athletes and there should have been a few more W's on that record.

With all of that, I will be still be at the game tonight cheering for our kids and hoping for a miracle.  GO WARRIORS!!!  #W4L

Ive talked about it before but to really have a state.championship caliber program now. Parents have to buy in at a very early age. The great programs like TC have old 18 year olds and some 19 year olds as seniors. On the flip side Westmoreland has 17 year old seniors. Thats a huge difference. Parents amd players have to be focuses on football so much they will hold kids back if coaches tell them to. Thats the bottom line. Im not saying its a bad thing or a good thing Im just stating facts.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Ive talked about it before but to really have a state.championship caliber program now. Parents have to buy in at a very early age. The great programs like TC have old 18 year olds and some 19 year olds as seniors. On the flip side Westmoreland has 17 year old seniors. Thats a huge difference. Parents amd players have to be focuses on football so much they will hold kids back if coaches tell them to. Thats the bottom line. Im not saying its a bad thing or a good thing Im just stating facts.

You get caught holding back in certain years (6, 7, 8) and you will get busted by the Childress man.  There are rules on that.  They would have to completely stay out of athletics in the 8th grade.  As far as the age goes, that window is narrow for 19 year olds. 

Section 9. No student shall be eligible to participate in any athletic contest during any school year if he/she becomes 19 years of age on or before August 1.

Edited by rlh

33 minutes ago, rlh said:

You get caught holding back in certain years (6, 7, 8) and you will get busted by the Childress man.  There are rules on that.  They would have to completely stay out of athletics in the 8th grade.  As far as the age goes, that window is narrow for 19 year olds. 

Or if they repeat in the eighth grade, they have to sit as a freshman... you're going to lose a year of eligibility somewhere down the line if you use that method.

3 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Here you go with this again lol. That's not why TC is better than other teams. Most schools have seniors that turn 18 before they graduate. As far as kids being held back at age 5,6,7 before they start school we don't know anything about that at TC.

It's getting closer to time. Nothing matters except tonight for these kids. We have had a tough season and dealt with injuries and youth. This coaching staff will have these kids ready to play tonight. I know they will lay it all on the line for our school and community. They will fight, scratch, and claw until the final horn tonight. They will be champions of life regardless of this game. I know Coach Mathis has some special plays for this game. I am anxious to see them and how they work. He has prepared these young men for this game and more importantly has prepared them for life. I think you might just see a different team tonight. These kids are going to play with honor and integrity tonight. They will show great character and work ethic on that field. They will play relentless football as a team. They are a very good team. I know it in my heart these kids can play some awesome football. The real season starts tonight. Let's go up there and show them what Marion County football is all about. At the end of the game we will shake their hands and wish them luck. As always it's a great day to be a warrior.

FEAR THE SPEED, FEAR THE WING, FEAR THE BEARD, & FEAR THE TEAM!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, MarionMadness said:

It's getting closer to time. Nothing matters except tonight for these kids. We have had a tough season and dealt with injuries and youth. This coaching staff will have these kids ready to play tonight. I know they will lay it all on the line for our school and community. They will fight, scratch, and claw until the final horn tonight. They will be champions of life regardless of this game. I know Coach Mathis has some special plays for this game. I am anxious to see them and how they work. He has prepared these young men for this game and more importantly has prepared them for life. I think you might just see a different team tonight. These kids are going to play with honor and integrity tonight. They will show great character and work ethic on that field. They will play relentless football as a team. They are a very good team. I know it in my heart these kids can play some awesome football. The real season starts tonight. Let's go up there and show them what Marion County football is all about. At the end of the game we will shake their hands and wish them luck. As always it's a great day to be a warrior.

Safe travels on your way to the Creekbank! 

On 11/7/2019 at 1:24 PM, MarionMadness said:

This shows your lack of character and integrity. Wins and losses are part of the game but the most important part is turning our kids into great men of honor and integrity. We want them to be productive members of our community, great husbands, and fathers. That is the real reason these men coach our kids. Our team is very young this season. I am broken hearted that none of these kids were named finalist for the state award. We had several that truly deserved to win the award. People are missing out with these kids. If you think someone is judged only by wins and losses then I am afraid you are a lost soul. Our kids are turned into men over the course of their careers at Marion. We will play and represent our community and school with the deepest amount of respect and integrity toward our opponents. We have a great staff of coaches that volunteer their time to work with our kids. We had a tough year this season but it's not over yet. We still have a chance to go on to bigger and better things starting tomorrow night. This group of kids is relentless and will give everything they have in this game. It's still a great day to be a warrior! You should try it sometime!

I have to laugh at your messages...lol. If you had any clue you may be dangerous! But more power to ya!! I don't care how much integrity and honor you have...your fixing to get lite up ..quickly and hard...!!. This will be your last game to preach your crap..because believe me...im not the only one on here that knows you have know clue!! Hope the boys make it a game for a little while but I don't see...maybe you can have a integrity meeting after the game..lol...lead by MM.