HICKMAN CO @ FORREST

GeneralForrest

31 minutes ago, Salem said:

Yes, penalty was ridiculous but a senior has to know the situation and just get him on the ground on 4th and 8 if he's wrapped up 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage - no need for a highlight form tackle slam. That could've been a huge swing in a playoff game with an elite team. They came within an eyelash of recovering their second onside kick after that score. 

i see your point. however, this was a strong kid who was continuing to fight in #24. 

32 minutes ago, Salem said:

Yes, penalty was ridiculous but a senior has to know the situation and just get him on the ground on 4th and 8 if he's wrapped up 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage - no need for a highlight form tackle slam. That could've been a huge swing in a playoff game with an elite team. They came within an eyelash of recovering their second onside kick after that score. 

other than being offsides and the kick not going 10 yards, i agree with you 

On 11/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Really appreciate your contributions.

Forrest had one of their easier games of the season. Hickman got a few first downs and had one very talented kid, Collins, and not much else. 

37-7 doesnt show how lopsided this one was:

• Hickman wouldn't have stopped our run game with an additional 2-3 players.
  • Hickman 1 TD was attached to a completely bogus PF call where our Mr Football nom ragdolled Collins on a completely legal play on 4th down, result- Hickman first down in the Red Zone.  Egregious call, especially in the playoffs. like WTH. 
  • Forrest could've named their score. Several freshman played a lot of minutes as we had starters with the flu who usually go both ways being reserved for offense only.  Still, Hickman had nothing for Forrest.    
  • So much for the big Hickman threat. 
  • See you at The Rock for Eagleville Fri. 

Tried to tell you without hurting anyone's feelings how the game would go, but I wound up ruffling feathers by just being honest about what I thought. Just for the record... if we'd converted the two point attempt in OT, you'd have hosted us, and it would have been the same result. The difference is, I understand that sometimes you just don't have what it takes to compete, no matter the effort or preparation. Their big back is a load, and he broke two long runs after we were in position to stop the play. I'd love to see what he could do with decent blocking schemes and some creativity in play calling.

27 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Total Yards: Hickman County 199, Forrest 321.

Rushing: Hickman County 134, Forrest 307.

Passing: Hickman County 14, Forrest 14.

First Downs: Hickman County 12, Forrest 20.

Penalties: Hickman County 8-75, Forrest 7-65.

Turnovers: Hickman County 1, Forrest 1.

those passing yards tho hahahaha