Halls @ Daniel Boone

knoxcosports

This should be one of the better games in the first round. Both teams coming in winning all the games they were suppose to. Boone’s only losses coming to 2 top tier 4A teams, TN High, and a 6A team. While Halls losses came to 3 top tier 5A teams. Heard that Boone has a stud RB that’s been out that’s likely to play this week. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Football/2019/11/02/Taking-a-look-at-area-first-round-playoff-matchups.html?ci=stream&lp=4&p=

JC Press has Boone with a 51% chance of winning, how's that for a flip of the coin?    What they fail to account for is that since 1971 Boone has only beaten one Knoxville-ish team, so our track record is not exactly stellar.   However, from what I can tell both teams do seem to match up well so it may indeed be a close game.

PLUSSES FOR BOONE:   Our kicker can put it deep and/or into the end zone, so don't even ask me to explain why last week we kept kicking it to the 45.     Running backs have finally started clicking since Cole went out in the 2nd game.   O-Line blocking has been great the last few games.    Defense has been solid against the run, but we still get burned deep a couple of times each game.    After getting blown up so many times early in the season, the guys are finally believing they have what it takes to compete, so let's hope that carries over into the playoffs.

PLUSSES FOR HALLS:    (hopefully someone from Knoxville can fill this in)....

27 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Football/2019/11/02/Taking-a-look-at-area-first-round-playoff-matchups.html?ci=stream&lp=4&p=

JC Press has Boone with a 51% chance of winning, how's that for a flip of the coin?    What they fail to account for is that since 1971 Boone has only beaten one Knoxville-ish team, so our track record is not exactly stellar.   However, from what I can tell both teams do seem to match up well so it may indeed be a close game.

PLUSSES FOR BOONE:   Our kicker can put it deep and/or into the end zone, so don't even ask me to explain why last week we kept kicking it to the 45.     Running backs have finally started clicking since Cole went out in the 2nd game.   O-Line blocking has been great the last few games.    Defense has been solid against the run, but we still get burned deep a couple of times each game.    After getting blown up so many times early in the season, the guys are finally believing they have what it takes to compete, so let's hope that carries over into the playoffs.

PLUSSES FOR HALLS:    (hopefully someone from Knoxville can fill this in)....

Cole playing this week?

Halls goes as number 8 Paris goes. Best player they have and they put him all over the place. Halls Line at times can also be good. Their Defense is questionable, but overall a good team. For Boone, they need to feed Number 1 Blair the ball. He ran on Crockett well and if they control the Los they will be fine. In a close one, I’ll say Boone wins 35-28.

2 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Halls goes as number 8 Paris goes. Best player they have and they put him all over the place. Halls Line at times can also be good. Their Defense is questionable, but overall a good team. For Boone, they need to feed Number 1 Blair the ball. He ran on Crockett well and if they control the Los they will be fine. In a close one, I’ll say Boone wins 35-28.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.    Historically Boone has not fared well against Knoxville-ish teams but hopefully we can pull this one out.