Jefferson County High School

1OldPatriot

6 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I’ve always wondered what has happened to JeffCo. Shoot, when I was growing up and on into my High School days with the Spencer Riley teams and beyond in the 90s those boys were always tough to deal with. They just haven’t been the same since ole Kisabeth left for whatever reason. As you say though, that’s a huge HS. It seems they would be able to field a quality team every year there in Dandridge. My 2nd cousin was on that awesome 87 team. What a squad that was. One of the best teams this state has had to offer in the past 40 or so years still to this day IMO.

I was playing outside of Memphis during those mid to late ‘80’s years and we knew who Jeff Co was. No doubt about it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, osunut2 said:

A similar question could probably be asked about Morristown West. What is going on there??

Patriot, I think you guys are just in a tough situation, given your size. To get to the playoffs, you'll always have to deal with other large metro schools like DB, Science Hill, Farragut, Bearden, and HVA. I think that automatically puts you at a disadvantage. That being said, Science Hill, HVA, Bearden, and Farragut were all down this year (plus Sevier Co and Mo West have been terrible). There was definitely an opportunity to make some noise this season, which is part of the reason why DB is 8-2. 

You know, Nut, in realty 6A wasn't all that this year.  Outside of Maryvile, and yet to be determined DB, 6A was not nearly as strong as it has been over the past few years.  Farragut wasn't even their normal selves.  

The regions 1/2 playoffs through the quarters will be interesting to see who gets the pleasure of playing Maryville.  It will be a matter of seeing who is the "best of the rest".  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HTV said:

You know, Nut, in realty 6A wasn't all that this year.  Outside of Maryvile, and yet to be determined DB, 6A was not nearly as strong as it has been over the past few years.  Farragut wasn't even their normal selves.   

The regions 1/2 playoffs through the quarters will be interesting to see who gets the pleasure of playing Maryville.  It will be a matter of seeing who is the "best of the rest".  

Totally agree. Maryville should have a relatively easy path to the semifinals.

16 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Bradley and McMinn can make some noise. Jalen Hunt of McMinn impressed me. 

My wife is a Jefferson County High School graduate.  I went to a few of her reunions. Talking to her classmates they all said the administration could care less about Football. 

That is my fear. AD is a baseball guy and highly unlikeable. Principal has one foot out the door. I liked the hire of Spencer, but I question his hiring decisions. 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Thought those places were a poor man's county, how those people going to be able to afford private schools.

Some parents are doing whatever they have to in this day and time to get their kids in to private schools.  Some feel like the sacrifice is worth it.  

And Lakeway is a D2 school that can offer financial aid, as well.