Siegel

ocac

First off NO ONE just handed all those teams those 'improvements'.  They organized their BOOSTERS and they earned the funds for them.  This came about with Coaches willing to work with the boosters.

You also have Coaching FAILURES not mentioned.  R'dale for example was offered an indoor facility free of charge with NO strings attached by a booster.  They did not get it because Coach A could not be bothered to assign an assistant Coach to liaison the project.  Thusly no indoor facility.  New Coach and suddenly a new field house and weight room.  New Coach may not have had a winning team yet, but his attitude and willingness to work with folks was right.  Thusly what was needed was provided.  Getting the statue painted went a long way with some.

Siegel has had the same chances as the other schools over the years.  It is their fault they have not built on the facilities they were handed on a platter.

ANY Coach going in there will have to work HARD.  This both on and off the field.  They must know who they want for a staff and how they will use the Boosters they do have.  They also need a plan going in on how they will recruit more players from their own halls and how to keep other schools in the county from POACHING good players from them.  Add to this how they hope to add to their Boosters, as good Boosters equal money and BETTER facilities.  Boosters do not have to have the money themselves, but can be connections with folks that can help.

Is this a dream job?  No, but it could be for the right Coach that is willing to work HARD!

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

First off NO ONE just handed all those teams those 'improvements'.  They organized their BOOSTERS and they earned the funds for them.  This came about with Coaches willing to work with the boosters.

Oh I know this as I have been on many booster clubs, but it's like I said... it's going to have to be a grassroots effort. 

Edited by GoPats2019

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

1 of them is pretty easy to figure out. His name always comes up when there is a vacancy in RuCo

Not a chance it's Crawford. His name always comes up, but people don't realize he has the BEST job in Williamson County. His principal supports him more than any other Wilco school. Next year is his chance to win a state tittle.

6 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Not a chance it's Crawford. His name always comes up, but people don't realize he has the BEST job in Williamson County. His principal supports him more than any other Wilco school. Next year is his chance to win a state tittle.

Agreed, but it's not Crawford I'm referring to. Crawford ever leaving Brentwood for another midstate program was going to be a pipe dream. He'd take a big pay cut, as would most HC's in Williamson County

49 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Agreed, but it's not Crawford I'm referring to. Crawford ever leaving Brentwood for another midstate program was going to be a pipe dream. He'd take a big pay cut, as would most HC's in Williamson County

Was not referring to him either and support is why these 3 may consider leaving.  Again if it is true

3 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Coleman??? I could see him leaving Summit, but I don't think for Siegel. Matt Kriesky? I like him, but his stock has gone down the last couple years. 

Kriesky is in a bind at Centennial. They're demographics are as such where just making the playoffs is going to be a tough go of it. He would be a good fit for Siegel, IMO.

Can't imagine Coleman ever leaving Summit unless it's at a place where the pay is comparable and would have a better chance at a title. Would also like to see what Hughes could do at a place with more talent, he's taken Fairview about as far as possible

31 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Kriesky is in a bind at Centennial. They're demographics are as such where just making the playoffs is going to be a tough go of it. He would be a good fit for Siegel, IMO.

Can't imagine Coleman ever leaving Summit unless it's at a place where the pay is comparable and would have a better chance at a title. Would also like to see what Hughes could do at a place with more talent, he's taken Fairview about as far as possible

He does have a good freshman and 8th grade class, but it's going to be at least another year. You know more about Murfreesboro than I do, but I think it's going to be just as tough there with the zoning and Oakland's continuing dominance. Not to mention the belief Rockvale is only going to get better

Agree about Hughs, but he's in a position where he's going to win 8 games and his district every year. 

Edited by MidStateFan1

I'm going to just guess the three people from Williamson County that may apply are K, LW, and SB. I could see K due to family ties. I could see LW due to becoming a HC. And I could see SB due to his name coming up before at other openings. Honestly can't see SB leaving current position for another public school. The other two are more likely to apply. 

I think this job will attract some really good coaches. There are assistants in the county already that would make great hires.

Edited by workinprogress