AAA Rankings are now posted

Hamm

Based on these rankings, I'd rank the top 5 as;

1. Cleveland 2. Science Hill 3. Wilson Central  4. Bradley Central 5. Dobyns Bennett 

A lot can happen over the course of the year, but you could also make a case for teams like Rossview, Jefferson County, Clarksville, Blackman, and Oakland making some noise in the top 10.

4 hours ago, MatDad said:

Fairly new here!!! What are these Rankings based on??? And Out of all the kid's in AAA how were these selected??? Thanks in advance!

Hamm who is an assistant coach at one of the AAA programs does the rankings and he been doing them for years.  The rankings are based off his judgement with input from several coaches throughout the state. His rankings are very unbiased and always very spot on and he spends a lot of time and effort doing his rankings.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MatDad said:

Thanks for the information!!! I wasn't sure and didn't know if this was an official Ranking??? Or if there's is one? Thanks again 

About as "official" as TN rankings get.  Look for several changes to be made the first few weeks of the season as there is still a fair amount of guessing on what weight class kids will be competing at.

4 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

About as "official" as TN rankings get.  Look for several changes to be made the first few weeks of the season as there is still a fair amount of guessing on what weight class kids will be competing at.

Thanks for all the information! I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to downplay the Rankings... I'm just new! Lol I was always a football guy,then four years ago my son started wrestling and every since I fell in love with the sport!!! Does anyone know if there is a top 32??? Thanks again for the information guy's, I really do appreciate it!

1 hour ago, MatDad said:

Thanks for all the information! I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to downplay the Rankings... I'm just new! Lol I was always a football guy,then four years ago my son started wrestling and every since I fell in love with the sport!!! Does anyone know if there is a top 32??? Thanks again for the information guy's, I really do appreciate it!

a top 32? like you want the guy to go in and rank 32 kids in each weight? you did see where they said hes a coach at a school too right?

48 minutes ago, sx1234 said:

Its been a day and a half since rankings came out and there's not any arguments yet... Maybe he's just feeling a littly antsy and wanting to pounce. 

does seem early for them to be out, but heck that is Hamm's role and if he feels that he wanted to do them, that's fine with me. But everyone should realize that a ton will change over the next couple weeks, especially as they go  through hydration and start to figure out what weight classes they will wrestle in.