AAA Rankings are now posted

Hamm

4 hours ago, Ummmno said:

Well it was a stupid question and he deserves to be called out for it.

What was stupid about it??? I was wondering if anyone Ranked or predicted who the top 32 was going to be!!! All you had to say was NO!!! In case you missed it there's not a lot of information about wrestling in the state of Tennessee... I didn't ask you personally anyway, so you can scroll on bye if you don't want to help, that's fine!!! I've been on here one day and just asked for information... good day. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MatDad said:

Thanks for all the information! I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to downplay the Rankings... I'm just new! Lol I was always a football guy,then four years ago my son started wrestling and every since I fell in love with the sport!!! Does anyone know if there is a top 32??? Thanks again for the information guy's, I really do appreciate it!

The top 6 from each weight class is what Hamm ranks for AAA. Some states rank more. Kentucky for example ranks 20 in each weight class. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DAKEKO said:

Where is Brayden Ivy this year in the rankings?

Brayden has transferred to Lakeway Christian in Morristown which is a D2 school.   Normally according to TSSAA transfer rules Brayden would have to sit out this entire season but because Lakeway Christian is a 1st year program, he will be able to wrestle the full High School season but he will not be able to participate in any post season tournaments including individual State’s.  Lakeway will also not be able to compete in the state dual tournament either. 

3 hours ago, durdon said:

Brayden has transferred to Lakeway Christian in Morristown which is a D2 school.   Normally according to TSSAA transfer rules Brayden would have to sit out this entire season but because Lakeway Christian is a 1st year program, he will be able to wrestle the full High School season but he will not be able to participate in any post season tournaments including individual State’s.  Lakeway will also not be able to compete in the state dual tournament either. 

Wow, that is so wrong

4 hours ago, durdon said:

Wow! Thanks for the information.  

13 hours ago, durdon said:

Any other big names from that area enrolled there?  I've heard that school is wanting to push athletics just as much as academics and compete for state titles across all sports. 

2 hours ago, sx1234 said:

Any other big names from that area enrolled there?  I've heard that school is wanting to push athletics just as much as academics and compete for state titles across all sports. 

Keveyon Roller is there also.  It’s a shame that both Roller and Ivy can not compete at individual states this year.  A Roller v Corday would have been a heck of a state final and putting Ivy in at 20 would have made that weight really exciting with Dlyrimple, Braman and Ivy. 

Lakeway Christian received a large multi million donation from a donor last year to build sports programs at the school.  They hired Tony Deangelo who has built a really strong youth program in East TN as their wrestling coach. I think Tony is one of the best coaches in the state so I expect that he will build a D2 power wrestling program over the next few years.