2019 D2-AA Annual Post Season Bracket & Gold Ball Booger Pickin Contest

Booger

24 minutes ago, Booger said:

its came alive....so ECS ant what the middle thinks it is

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

I’d rather see a rematch in the final game between CPA / ECS, but I think star studded BGA might pull an upset...  

I’m generally against making any predictions, but the grand prize for Booger’s Gold Ball Pickin’ Contest makes it hard not to throw your thoughts and hopes out there!

Very interesting that GCA (Knox Grace), who beat Boyd Buchanan 50-7 last Friday, would rematch with Boyd if both advance to the quarterfinals.

First Round
E1 Knox Grace over M5 Goodpasture
E3 Boyd Buchanan over M4 Lipscomb
M1 CPA over E5 Knox Webb
E4 CAK over E2 Chattanooga Christian
-
W1 ECS over W6 Harding Academy
M3 BGA over W3 FACS (home game for BGA)
M2 FRA over W5 Northpoint Christian
W2 Lausanne over W4 St. George's

Quarterfinals
E1 Knox Grace over E3 Boyd Buchanan
E4 CAK over M1 CPA
-
W1 ECS over M3 BGA
M2 FRA over W2 Lausanne

Semifinals
E1 Knox Grace over E4 CAK (avenging CAK's regular-season win)
W1 ECS over M2 FRA

Championship Game
W1 ECS 24, E1 Knox Grace 10

Edited by LouPickney

7 hours ago, LouPickney said:

Very interesting that GCA (Knox Grace), who beat Boyd Buchanan 50-7 last Friday, would rematch with Boyd if both advance to the quarterfinals.

First Round
E1 Knox Grace over M5 Goodpasture
E3 Boyd Buchanan over M4 Lipscomb
M1 CPA over E5 Knox Webb
E4 CAK over E2 Chattanooga Christian
-
W1 ECS over W6 Harding Academy
M3 BGA over W3 FACS (home game for BGA)
M2 FRA over W5 Northpoint Christian
W2 Lausanne over W4 St. George's

Quarterfinals
E1 Knox Grace over E3 Boyd Buchanan
E4 CAK over M1 CPA
-
W1 ECS over M3 BGA
M2 FRA over W2 Lausanne

Semifinals
E1 Knox Grace over E4 CAK (avenging CAK's regular-season win)
W1 ECS over M2 FRA

Championship Game
W1 ECS 24, E1 Knox Grace 10

So you must think Knox Grace would beat Lipscomb by worse than 50-7

On 11/5/2019 at 3:40 PM, LouPickney said:

I'll have to give this some thought, as I'm not all that familiar with some of these teams. And I'm not sure how fair it is to judge Chattanooga Christian based on their games with McCallie and Baylor that I saw doing broadcast prep.

Grace Christian (Knoxville) is the East #1 seed at 8-2. But I have no idea what to make of their 61-7 loss at South Doyle in week 2. How did a team that is otherwise 8-1, with only a 9-7 loss to a good Christian Academy of Knoxville team among eight wins, get housed like that?

There isn't video in the usual places online for that game. And while Elijah Young (Mizzou commit) had 13 carries for 213 yards and 3 TDs for CAK, that doesn't explain the rest of it. Or why Grace Christian only had one home game out of its first seven.

ECS vs. BGA in the quarterfinals would be an interesting matchup. Tough draw for 9-1 ECS, a talented squad whose only loss came against the 10-0 Houston Mustangs, a Division I-6A team. There is also the dynamic of BGA's head coach being Jonas Rodriguez; he was the head coach at ECS the previous two seasons.

I realize that BGA is 7-3, but the three losses happened when QB Nick Semptimphelter was dealing with a thumb injury. Semptimphelter is the most mechanically sound high school QB I've seen in person in quite some time, and he doesn't make many mistakes.

And while BGA is vulnerable against the run and ECS has a very strong rushing game, BGA's pass defense is great. If BGA gets an early lead, it could be a problem for ECS.

I'm with Boog in thinking ECS is the favorite to win it all, but such things are never a certainty.

RD 1 Goodpasture,Lipscomb,CC, CPA,BGA,FRA,ECS,Lausanne 

Rd 2 Lipscomb,CPA,Lausanne,ECS

semi finals CPA,ECS

Final CPA over ECS

4 hours ago, OLDad said:

So you must think Knox Grace would beat Lipscomb by worse than 50-7

Lipscomb Academy is one of the few II-AA teams I've seen in person in 2019. Coach Dilfer is a year away there IMO. I'll see LA again next year, this time at their place when they host Father Ryan, and I anticipate them being improved in 2020.

Not that Lipscomb won't win at Boyd -- they might. I would love to see the Knox Grace version of the highlights of their 50-7 win over Boyd, but Knox Grace doesn't have its 2019 recaps available on Hudl, and Boyd's version wasn't particularly helpful to that end.

I'm as baffled by Knox Grace's 50-7 win over an 8-1 Boyd team as I am at Grace's 61-7 loss at South Doyle. One important (?) distinction: the South Doyle game was in August and the Boyd game was last Friday.

LA senior WR Kyle McNamara is fearless. I had thought Ohio State offering Kyle a scholarship was a stunt/gimmick with Kyle's older brother a freshman QB at Michigan. I worked in TV news in Columbus, Ohio and I know how intense the tOSU/Michigan rivalry is.

And how many 5'8" receivers without any other P5 scholarship offers receive one from Ohio State?

But then I saw McNamara in person and he was going over the middle and laying out on routes trying to make a catch and I understood it a bit more. Tough, hard-nosed player with a knack for getting open, even in tight coverage.

I know the story of Kyle and his younger brother moving with their family from Reno to Nashville for the 2019 season, in part as I understand it because of visibility to college scouts. To that end, it seems to have been a success.

Good luck and safe travels for all involved tonight.