Lebanon (5-5) @ #1 Oakland (10-0)

GoPats2019

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not sure I'd categorize it as a weakness, but WC and Riverdale gave teams not named Whitehaven and Maryville a blueprint to keeping it close against Oakland. Truth be told, given the way Oakland plays defensively it's always been there, just a little bit more vulnerable this year given what they lost of the defensive line

Whitehaven can barely score 20 against bad teams I think you guys meet them in Cookeville again same result 

8 minutes ago, Devilsx5 said:

Whitehaven can barely score 20 against bad teams I think you guys meet them in Cookeville again same result 

I wish I could say I believe the same, but I dont think we'll ever beat Maryville or Whitehaven like that again. Both got a score to settle with Oakland. Oakland could have gone 10-0 with just about anyone at QB, but if they repeat, it'll be because Sparks lived up to his ranking

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

I think it shows what a unifying force sports can truly be. How is Lebanon looking for the future? I think you guys got a pretty good coach there

Mount Juliet had the best freshman team in the region but only beat Lebanon by a point in the last minute. So I would assume the uprise for the program will continue. 

2 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

It could be is my point, of course  a 49-14 or 86-14 win isn’t a weakness but better teams may be able to expose Oakland’s defense. Good thing for Oakland is, Maryville doesn’t seem to have a great offense to do that, and especially not Whitehaven seeing that they’re struggling to score just 17 points a game. Ravenwood would maybe have a shot but then again they struggled to score against Blackman, a team Oakland handled. Oakland is still by far the favorite imo.

:roflol:

14 hours ago, Devilsx5 said:

I can guarantee it won’t be the same result as last year’s shellacking but we’ll gladly play the underdog role and take a 20-17 victory but we gotta get there first. Time will tell...:popcorneater:

Running between the tackles takes patience and resilience. This comes from desperation or good coaching. I was really surprised to watch Warren Co run the ball down the field, but they were desperate. The further the Playoffs go the more good coaching will come into play.  

21 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Mount Juliet had the best freshman team in the region but only beat Lebanon by a point in the last minute. So I would assume the uprise for the program will continue. 

Our freshman coaches said Lebanon was the best team Hville played.  We got beat pretty good by them and Beech, lost close to MJ and WC, and beat Gallatin and SC.