Lebanon (5-5) @ #1 Oakland (10-0)

GoPats2019

12 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Our freshman coaches said Lebanon was the best team Hville played.  We got beat pretty good by them and Beech, lost close to MJ and WC, and beat Gallatin and SC.

Wouldn’t argue that, either way MJ has got to put all the pieces to the puzzle together. Unfortunately the coaches can only do so much. I think our talent level/size crop is in a rut. We’ve consistently got linebackers that are 5’9 170.... lineman are average, no superior tailback... freshman Qb. All of that Inexperience and lack of size showed last week vs Hville. It’s a worrisome situation in MJ. Hopefully next year we can have more of a complete team.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

1 minute ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Wouldn’t argue that, either way MJ has got to put all the pieces to the puzzle together. Unfortunately the coaches can only do so much. I think our talent level/size crop is in a rut. We’ve consistently got linebackers that are 5’9 170.... lineman are average, no superior tailback... freshman Qb. All of that I experience and lack of size showed last week vs Hville. It’s a worrisome situation in MJ.  

If I remember correctly SC had the best freshman team in 2016.  You never know who gets poached by the privates, who quits playing, who transfers in or out.  MJ is set at QB in my opinion. The Throneberry kid is going to be really good.  

10 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Wouldn’t argue that, either way MJ has got to put all the pieces to the puzzle together. Unfortunately the coaches can only do so much. I think our talent level/size crop is in a rut. We’ve consistently got linebackers that are 5’9 170.... lineman are average, no superior tailback... freshman Qb. All of that Inexperience and lack of size showed last week vs Hville. It’s a worrisome situation in MJ. Hopefully next year we can have more of a complete team.

I think Green Hills will be a game changer for Mt. Juliet football.  A lot of the good players through the years were north of Lebanon rd which will put them at the new school.  Those are the “born and bred” families in MJ.  The apartments close to the interstate would need to offset the talent level with all of the transplants...but I think those kids are more futbol than football....

On 11/6/2019 at 10:13 PM, MidTennFootball said:

I wish I could say I believe the same, but I dont think we'll ever beat Maryville or Whitehaven like that again. Both got a score to settle with Oakland. Oakland could have gone 10-0 with just about anyone at QB, but if they repeat, it'll be because Sparks lived up to his ranking

We, so what position do you play?