Random trivia question

Hamm

2 hours ago, sx1234 said:

Did Notre Dame actually compete in AAA? or is their time spent in D1 (one classification) before the A/AA - AAA split being considered AAA here?

They were AAA before the split to large and small school.  Afterwards, they were small school, and now they are D2

22 hours ago, sx1234 said:

AAA didn't exist before the split?  It was just Division 1 and Division 2. 

Correct, the only split was for the dual championship (small school & large school) with one division for the individual championship. 

Can anyone guess the only small school dual champion to win the individual tournament in the same year?

9 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Correct, the only split was for the dual championship (small school & large school) with one division for the individual championship. 

Can anyone guess the only small school dual champion to win the individual tournament in the same year?

I'm gonna take the odds and say Pigeon Forge with their recent (6-8 yrs) dominance in A/AA.

9 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

If your talking about when the individual  state was D1 and D2 none have I don’t think. My senior year at pigeon forge (2011) we finished 4th in the D1 traditional.  Which besides Notre Dame taking 3rd in 2006 is the highest any small school has finished when it was combined at least to my knowledge. We didn’t win the dual tournament that year either Chat central beat us in the finals and then finished 20th in traditional. 

12 hours ago, Thethunda190 said:

If your talking about when the individual  state was D1 and D2 none have I don’t think. My senior year at pigeon forge (2011) we finished 4th in the D1 traditional.  Which besides Notre Dame taking 3rd in 2006 is the highest any small school has finished when it was combined at least to my knowledge. We didn’t win the dual tournament that year either Chat central beat us in the finals and then finished 20th in traditional. 

Cleveland, believe it or not they were a small school dual team before the public/private split. They won the small school dual championship along with the traditional title in '94.

Edited by JSamson7
  • Upvote 1