Hiding behind user names

Mason422

This is my first post and I have a random question.  I have read several post over the last couple of years and I see a lot of people act in a hatful and disrespectful way to a lot of members on here.  My question is why doesn’t anyone end their post or reply with their real name?  

Please don’t turn this into one of the hatful post.  I am just really curious as to why. 

v/r 

Sid Mason

First: you say you are Sid Mason and, as far as I know, that is true. I could come on here, though, and say I am Sid Mason and try and ruin your name. Very, very seldom happens but could. In other words, just because someone says they are "Sid Mason" doesn't make it true.

Second: there is something out there called FaceBook which uses "real" names yet people pretend to be someone else every day.  Now, can Facebook be "hateful and disrespectful" even when people are posting under their real names?

A huge percentage of people just want to get on here and talk about their favorite team, sport, etc. Sometimes some of them get a little carried away. But, most of the time, this is a good place to be, for young and old, and a lot of relationships have been formed over 22 years.

If you read something that you think needs removed just let me know.

Thanks for your comment. Good question.

CoachT

Jim Thompson

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 9:27 AM, CoachT said:

First: you say you are Sid Mason and, as far as I know, that is true. I could come on here, though, and say I am Sid Mason and try and ruin your name. Very, very seldom happens but could. In other words, just because someone says they are "Sid Mason" doesn't make it true.

Second: there is something out there called FaceBook which uses "real" names yet people pretend to be someone else every day.  Now, can Facebook be "hateful and disrespectful" even when people are posting under their real names?

A huge percentage of people just want to get on here and talk about their favorite team, sport, etc. Sometimes some of them get a little carried away. But, most of the time, this is a good place to be, for young and old, and a lot of relationships have been formed over 22 years.

If you read something that you think needs removed just let me know.

Thanks for your comment. Good question.

CoachT

Jim Thompson

You get that email, CoachT?

Another forum, but I like what you just said.

Dave "The Soms" Sommers

• 3 weeks later...

I like an honest attempt at transparency. I’m a Fairview fan and the biggest fan of my own son. Now that folks have that perspective, you’ll be able to understand where my posts are coming from. I’m not afraid of anyone ruining my name and I’ve even posted my cell phone under my Other username which I couldn’t get back into so created this one. I love this board to keep track of other teams and kids across the state. Might be a unique perspective,  but I love to see TN wrestlers across the state doing our state proud on the national stage. I may root for my team or my kid over yours, but I will always root for TN kids and teams over anyone else’s. Thanks for the original post and the sentiment behind it. It’s a lot harder to be a keyboard bully when folks know who you really are. 

• Thanks 1