Reclassification

smokefb

I don't see TSSAA going back from 6 classifications. That being said you have to take into account the cutoff numbers changing with a reclassification. 

Here are current classification cutoff numbers:

6a:

1509 or greater

5a: 

1103 - 1508

4a:

822 - 1102

3a:

557 - 821

2a:

376 - 556

1a:

0 - 375

Fulton, Seymour, Carter, and Gibbs all 4a playing up to 5a.

Elizabethton is 3a playing up to 4a

That's all I know for the east part of the state playing up in classifications. 

I have no clue what the 4 knox schools will do but I expect Etown to stay playing up in 4a. 

2 hours ago, smokefb said:

Next year will be a reclassification year. What is everyone hearing about changes? Stay the same? Go to 4 Classifications across the board?

Thoughts?

Looking at numbers, Station Camp, Dickson County & McMinn County are playing 6A level with 5A numbers.  Gallatin is playing 5A level with 6A numbers.  Hendersonville is teetering on the 5/6A cutoff if it stays the same.  I can see Summit moving up to 6A after next year along with Beech if rezoning takes place in Sumner County.  I would think that Gallatin, Hendersonville & Station Camp would want to stay together if possible.  A few Memphis schools are playing up in class to keep traditional districts in tact & to cut down in travel.  Not sure if they move when TSSAA reclassifies. 

1 hour ago, haweanbula said:

I don't see TSSAA going back from 6 classifications. That being said you have to take into account the cutoff numbers changing with a reclassification. 

Here are current classification cutoff numbers:

6a:

1509 or greater

5a: 

1103 - 1508

4a:

822 - 1102

3a:

557 - 821

2a:

376 - 556

1a:

0 - 375

Fulton, Seymour, Carter, and Gibbs all 4a playing up to 5a.

Elizabethton is 3a playing up to 4a

That's all I know for the east part of the state playing up in classifications. 

I have no clue what the 4 knox schools will do but I expect Etown to stay playing up in 4a. 

Unless Alcoa moves up then Betsy moves to 3a

Edited by DevilMan03

7 minutes ago, Frontman said:

6 is toooooooo many classes. I like the going back to districts and top two go to playoffs  with 4 classes. Leave privates where they are. 

I agree 100%! Nobody wants to go to most of these 1st round games. Back in the 80’s you had to be a good football team to make the playoffs. The first round games were usually good match ups.