Reclassification

smokefb

44 minutes ago, Frontman said:

6 is toooooooo many classes. I like the going back to districts and top two go to playoffs  with 4 classes. Leave privates where they are. 

Tssaa won't do it. Too much money lost. They'll just continue to let us grow in to 6 classes

Edited by WarEagleCartman

9 hours ago, haweanbula said:

I don't see TSSAA going back from 6 classifications. That being said you have to take into account the cutoff numbers changing with a reclassification. 

Here are current classification cutoff numbers:

6a:

1509 or greater

5a: 

1103 - 1508

4a:

822 - 1102

3a:

557 - 821

2a:

376 - 556

1a:

0 - 375

Fulton, Seymour, Carter, and Gibbs all 4a playing up to 5a.

Elizabethton is 3a playing up to 4a

That's all I know for the east part of the state playing up in classifications. 

I have no clue what the 4 knox schools will do but I expect Etown to stay playing up in 4a. 

Howard plays up from 2a to 4a and North Greene plays 3a supposed to be 2a almost 1a

8 hours ago, Mommabee said:

How does this work? Numbers based off next year’s enrollment and if you move classes it would happen the 2021 season? 

Yes. Enrollment numbers during Sept 2020 will be used for the 2021 classification. 

I counted 295 football playing schools in DI.

That would equal 50 schools for Class 1A and 49 per Class 2A-5A. 

Of course some schools will play up but that won't affect the cutoff number once it's set. 

57 minutes ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

NG is currently at 370 and from recent projections the number is dropping to about 320-330 when the next cycle hits. Almost guaranteed to drop to 1a. Feeder schools are getting smaller and smaller 

Considering all of our county schools are closing and consolidating I look for them to be able to compete with athletes not so spread out

14 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

I agree 100%! Nobody wants to go to most of these 1st round games. Back in the 80’s you had to be a good football team to make the playoffs. The first round games were usually good match ups. 

When my Dad played in the 70s is was the 1st team in the district that went to the playoffs.