Reclassification

smokefb

2 minutes ago, dragonrider said:

It was like that until 1985.  There was a time when the playoffs first started that undefeated teams didn't even make it.

I know they wouldn't go back to that but I honestly wouldn't hate to see it being the top 2 teams in a region. 

Round one: 16 Teams

Round two: 8 Teams

Round three: 4 Teams

Round 4: Championship

1 minute ago, haweanbula said:

I know they wouldn't go back to that but I honestly wouldn't hate to see it being the top 2 teams in a region. 

Round one: 16 Teams

Round two: 8 Teams

Round three: 4 Teams

Round 4: Championship

that's basically what I posted earlier.   Go back to 4 classes and 16 districts.  Top two teams out of each district go to the playoffs.  Second round of playoffs would also be for region championships.  The T$$AA would still get 5 rounds of playoffs, but you would get much better first round match ups .

8 hours ago, dragonrider said:

that's basically what I posted earlier.   Go back to 4 classes and 16 districts.  Top two teams out of each district go to the playoffs.  Second round of playoffs would also be for region championships.  The T$$AA would still get 5 rounds of playoffs, but you would get much better first round match ups .

And pigs will fly in to congratulate region champs. It's never going to happen

On 11/7/2019 at 12:35 PM, ocac said:

Looking at numbers, Station Camp, Dickson County & McMinn County are playing 6A level with 5A numbers.  Gallatin is playing 5A level with 6A numbers.  Hendersonville is teetering on the 5/6A cutoff if it stays the same.  I can see Summit moving up to 6A after next year along with Beech if rezoning takes place in Sumner County.  I would think that Gallatin, Hendersonville & Station Camp would want to stay together if possible.  A few Memphis schools are playing up in class to keep traditional districts in tact & to cut down in travel.  Not sure if they move when TSSAA reclassifies. 

Its gonna get tricky with the classifications in 6A.

Rutherford County is likely gonna have 8 schools in 6A. I don't know if they would put 8 in a region. And even if they did then you have Coffee County, Warren County and Cookeville all needing a new region out in no mans land.

Wilson County is gonna have 3 and another opening in 2020.

Sumner County is gonna have likely Gallatin, Beech and Hendersonville in 6A. With another school opening in 2020. Station Camp would be going down I doubt they opt to play up just to keep playing teams that will whip them regularly.

So the same thing with them usually putting Wilson Co. and Sumner Co. together they would be potentially looking at 8-9 teams in that region.

4 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Its gonna get tricky with the classifications in 6A.

Rutherford County is likely gonna have 8 schools in 6A. I don't know if they would put 8 in a region. And even if they did then you have Coffee County, Warren County and Cookeville all needing a new region out in no mans land.

Wilson County is gonna have 3 and another opening in 2020.

Sumner County is gonna have likely Gallatin, Beech and Hendersonville in 6A. With another school opening in 2020. Station Camp would be going down I doubt they opt to play up just to keep playing teams that will whip them regularly.

So the same thing with them usually putting Wilson Co. and Sumner Co. together they would be potentially looking at 8-9 teams in that region.

Maybe they put all the West TN/Memphis teams in the same region?

T$$AA has 4 years between reclassification.  They should have a committee sit up to  look and what is really best for the schools.  They should really meet with coaches and AD's and get their input.   I'm not sure it should necessarily always be based on enrollment, but also consider proximity, level of competitiveness and rivalry's or something in that ball park.  

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 7:00 AM, Indian said:

Howard is listed at 960 on the TSSAA site.

That site is trash lol. We had 2a number for the past few years. This year we got 175 extra students that wasn't counted for which gave us 3a numbers. Whites creek is a 2a school and playing in 3a. I'm wondering if maplewood is going to drop. Republic,kipp,DA and Hunters Lane is killing them

49 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

That site is trash lol. We had 2a number for the past few years. This year we got 175 extra students that wasn't counted for which gave us 3a numbers. Whites creek is a 2a school and playing in 3a. I'm wondering if maplewood is going to drop. Republic,kipp,DA and Hunters Lane is killing them

Who is "we" 

Howard is at 945 on the Tennessee Department of Education site.