Reclassification

smokefb

1 minute ago, MadHatter1 said:

Thanks for clarifying the difference.  We do not charge if they are from within the county. So most of your tuition students are from within the county? And most of that 20% number is also BC kids? Thats a completely different scenario then what was said in the past. 

Let me simply this.........Alcoa would have beat the honey bees 100-0 without a few tuition students! Fact!:thumb:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCsportsfan said:

Over 90% of the schools would move to the private classifications.....:roflolk: 

Might as well as do way with classifications! Which is fine with us Alcoa fans, cause they'd still be whipping tails on the football field and we'd still get to laugh at the winers here, all wanting champions of live trophies!:thumb:

Lol you would not win any year if there was no classifications..Alcoa is good but not good enough to be champions if you mix them in with the best the state has to offer. 

7 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

Thanks for clarifying the difference.  We do not charge if they are from within the county. So most of your tuition students are from within the county? And most of that 20% number is also BC kids? Thats a completely different scenario then what was said in the past. 

All kidding aside. Yes, My understanding is that most tuition students come from inside Blount county and most of them don't play Football. Think about it, if your numbers are correct about 20% tuition students then you are looking at 120 tuition students playing football on a team of about 70 kids.

Some of this is speculation but I know for a fact that kids inside Blount county that are not zoned for Alcoa must pay tuition. Its worth every penny.

10 minutes ago, MadHatter1 said:

Lol you would not win any year if there was no classifications..Alcoa is good but not good enough to be champions if you mix them in with the best the state has to offer. 

I disagree. I think in 1989 Alcoa could have .they beat Brentwood Academy in the finals. 2009, 2010 and 2018 are possibilities as well.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, MadHatter1 said:

No. You guys like to twist it up. Putnam and Blount if Im not mistaken have pretty much the same rules. If a kid from anywhere within Blount or putnam wants to go to any high school in that county the county is ok with it. Nothing you can do in that format it happens..While maryville and Alcoa both benefit from this more than schools in putnam. Because they have more schools and the other schools programs are bad. But nothing wrong with that. They have been dominant for long stretches of time. Its the kids that dont live within the county. And it doesnt make them cheaters. Because there are no rules against it. Their should just be a cutoff point. Over 20% of your students driving in from other counties daily is absurd. That does not take place here and never will. People have to much pride in their communities for that much to travel. What is happening there is 1 out of every 5 kids is from another school system. The kids that are paying tuition are those kids. That is more typical of what private schools do than public schools. 

Not even close. Private schools are stand alone entities with no ties whatsoever to the public educational system... they are allowed to screen applicants and decide who (and how many) are granted admission. They are free to accept or deny anyone, for any reason, without disclosure or transparency. If they only wish to admit athletes with national merit worthy academic resume's... that's their business.  While each public school operates within guidelines (policy) set by their respective boards of education, public schools in general operate under state laws concerning admission, and no local policy trumps state regulations. Local boards are free to decide whether to restrict (zone) their admission area, but in no way may they discriminate for/against anyone regarding admission... try and deny admission to one student, and admit another because he/she is an all star athlete (lawsuit). 

On 12/20/2019 at 9:12 AM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Not saying I disagree and not making any argument.  Just not sure what makes a rural school versus a non rural.  would be hard to align I would think

Absolutely, Very tough to align, but the socioeconomics, demographics, and just overall culture is starkly different. I’m not sure how you’d do it.