1A Mr football Semifinalists

Devilsx5

On 10/22/2019 at 4:39 PM, Southtowner said:

I think they do the best job they can do considering all the circumstances. 

And there's some on here you'd never be able to satisfy regardless of who you voted for. They have that ' woe is me syndrome. '   Their 'guy'  didn't win it back in the day (whenever it was)  and now the award means absolutely nothing to them.  Yet they're the ones that scream the loudest when someone wins that they think shouldn't have.   

On 10/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, Southtowner said:

Eddie's name rarely comes up.   I believe you mean Warbritton.  

Rarely?

Edited by horse

1 hour ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I agree

I still can’t believe Eddie Moore got snubbed! Remind me again his positions in HS football that he played and I’ll be really impressed if somebody can tell me his stats and who beat him out for Mr. Football! I was a little distracted back in 98 expecting my first born in December. Only kept up with Tennessee football and remember his name mentioned when they talked recruiting prospects.

26 minutes ago, ladykee said:

I still can’t believe Eddie Moore got snubbed! Remind me again his positions in HS football that he played and I’ll be really impressed if somebody can tell me his stats and who beat him out for Mr. Football! I was a little distracted back in 98 expecting my first born in December. Only kept up with Tennessee football and remember his name mentioned when they talked recruiting prospects.

Eddie Moore played RB, QB, LB, FS in school. A kid named Tripp Tucker from USJ won the award instead of Eddie Moore. I agree with others on here.. The award lost its luster with me when that happened. 

1 minute ago, Pirate2003 said:

Eddie Moore played RB, QB, LB, FS in school. A kid named Tripp Tucker from USJ won the award instead of Eddie Moore. I agree with others on here.. The award lost its luster with me when that happened. 

It has lost its luster for many I’m afraid Over the years and arguably so. So hard to compare skill players to linemen & even QBs to WRs and RBs. I think it matters if they are playing both ways at a high level and taking on additional duties as far as returning kicks & punting. Can they play multiple positions and when they do how good are they there? I’m sure, as reported, they consider grades and character...but boy that is splitting hairs sometimes. With so many teams in each class I would love to see them give out more awards. Heck these kids only play HS football once in their life and it isn’t that expensive to get a few more plaques even if they don’t have a costly banquet for all the awards. I guess that is where All State comes in to play. But I’ve often wondered if their shouldn’t still be a linemen award. May be viewed as a consolation award but maybe an option would be to have an Offensive & a Defensive MVP along with a Mr. Football. That might be better served to be an TSSAA Allstate MVP for offense & defense in addition to the rest of the Allstate positional team. I just think too many quality kids get left out!

2019 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Finalists

DIVISION I, CLASS 1A
Hunter Ensley, Huntingdon
Ronto Tipton, South Pittsburg
Holden Willis, Greenback

DIVISION I, CLASS 2A
Cooper Baugus, Peabody
Aaron Swafford, Meigs County
Terry Wilkins, Fairley

DIVISION I, CLASS 3A
Grey Carroll, Alcoa
Donoven McCallister, Upperman
James Moore, Stratford

DIVISION I, CLASS 4A
Tim Coutras, Nolensville
Will McDonald, Livingston Academy
Ty Youngblood, Greeneville

DIVISION I, CLASS 5A
Spencer Briggs, Gallatin
Ja’sean Parks, Beech
Elijah Young, South-Doyle

DIVISION I, CLASS 6A
Bryson Eason, Whitehaven
Conner Murphy, Blackman
Lincoln Pare, Houston

DIVISION II, CLASS A
Kevin Davis, Trinity Christian
Kemari McGowan, MTCS
Rube Scott Rhea, Fayette Academy

DIVISION II, CLASS AA
Austin Hill, ECS
Dietrick Pennington, ECS
Nick Semptimphelter, BGA

DIVISION II, CLASS AAA
Elijah Howard, Baylor
Jabari Small, Briarcrest
Omari Thomas, Briarcrest

KICKER OF THE YEAR
Luke Akers, Ravenwood
Paxton Perry, Brentwood Academy
Zeke Rankin, Alcoa

On 11/8/2019 at 8:15 PM, Roy Dillard said:

I was listening to that main event mans show last night and he said that Carnes boy didnt make it cause he came from 6a to 1a so he could get that Mr Football.  Thats what that main event man said.  Some of them orchestraters would have been real mad if he made it and that Willis boy didnt.  You think im joking but im not. 

You, my man are nothing but a but wipe - you do nothing but try to stir up trouble. You should be banned from this forum and all forums. You are not funny anymore and actually your stab at trying to be significant has grown stale - get a life! Go tend to your goat!