James Wiseman ineligible

Indian

28 minutes ago, toinemac said:

The move had nothing to do with that ruling. They are saying because they played for team Penny that they are ineligible. But Penny wasn’t the coach of that team he was the sponsor. 

It’s all a headache, and they keep twisting the story around some small information. I mean it ain’t like the kid is on steroids or taking a substance to make his play better

1 hour ago, toinemac said:

The move had nothing to do with that ruling. They are saying because they played for team Penny that they are ineligible. But Penny wasn’t the coach of that team he was the sponsor. 

But Penny paid for James to move into the East zone, that’s recruiting and it’s against the rules of the TSSAA. Basically you are saying it’s ok for Penny to openly cheat. Penny should be fired and given a show clause penalty. Bruce Pearl got 2 years for hosting a BBQ for recruits, thanks to Ohio State. 

It amazes me how much people openly cheat. Sports, Cooperate world and in politics especially politics and get away scot free.

On 11/8/2019 at 11:47 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Truth be told, I don't think Penny Hardaway or any player from East cares about the state titles now. They won the games, and the players got their rings. 

Yeah well that's the problem with Penny.. I have always respected Penny Hardaway but the way he talked about Barnes and the Tennessee basketball program and now this. NO MORE RESPECT FOR PENNY. Then he doubles down and plays Wiseman last night against Oregon. WOW! This is not the right way to teach young men how to act. PERIOD! Its time the TSSAA brings the hammer down on Memphis East and any other Memphis School (any school for that matter) that knowingly violates the rules like this. Bearden and Whitehaven should be upset because one of those two teams should have another state title. 

1 hour ago, Springbrookrat said:

Yeah well that's the problem with Penny.. I have always respected Penny Hardaway but the way he talked about Barnes and the Tennessee basketball program and now this. NO MORE RESPECT FOR PENNY. Then he doubles down and plays Wiseman last night against Oregon. WOW! This is not the right way to teach young men how to act. PERIOD! Its time the TSSAA brings the hammer down on Memphis East and any other Memphis School (any school for that matter) that knowingly violates the rules like this. Bearden and Whitehaven should be upset because one of those two teams should have another state title. 

This has nothing to do with “character” or anything like that. James, himself, is an amazing outside, and a great person. He’s doubling down and played Wiseman because he feels like it’s right, to show support and back up his player. What’s wrong with that? 
Back on the Tennessee situation, it’s something that the east side of the state blew it up and made it a story. I’m hoping Tennessee fans are ready for another Sweet 16 and below season. 
If the TSSAA brings the hammer down on East, then that’s fine. Go ahead, but we all know, they missed their chance to do so.  

38 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

This has nothing to do with “character” or anything like that. James, himself, is an amazing outside, and a great person. He’s doubling down and played Wiseman because he feels like it’s right, to show support and back up his player. What’s wrong with that? 
Back on the Tennessee situation, it’s something that the east side of the state blew it up and made it a story. I’m hoping Tennessee fans are ready for another Sweet 16 and below season. 
If the TSSAA brings the hammer down on East, then that’s fine. Go ahead, but we all know, they missed their chance to do so.  

Disagree, it is about character. If you as the head guy do not follow the rules what ever you think about the rules knowing it could put the kids involved in a bad place but you do it anyway for your gain? What signal are you sending or example are you setting? Looks like a bit selfishness and arrogance to me.

1 hour ago, OrangeGuru said:

Disagree, it is about character. If you as the head guy do not follow the rules what ever you think about the rules knowing it could put the kids involved in a bad place but you do it anyway for your gain? What signal are you sending or example are you setting? Looks like a bit selfishness and arrogance to me.

Exactly!