James Wiseman ineligible

Indian

27 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

And I’m glad y’all are okay with going to the sweet 16 with the best team arguably in program history.

How did the University of Memphis do in last years tournament? What about the year before?  What about this year? I say Memphis doesn't even make the tournament this year. That's with the #1 class in the country. 

40 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

And I’m glad y’all are okay with going to the sweet 16 with the best team arguably in program history.

As long as everyone gives their best effort, and everything is done in accordance with the rules, I am OK with a sweet 16 finish. If you are OK with a coach who will chance sacrificing the careers of all the players playing with Wiseman in order to advance his "reputation", then we have a different set of values. 

Not a fan of how Memphis high school basketball runs at all. Example: Wooddale right now has a stacked team because kids teamed up and transferred there to play. Legitimate moves are a part of being eligible and just so easy in Metro areas. However, the TSSAA ( I can't believe I'm getting ready to defend them) ruled Wiseman ineligible when he moved to Memphis from Nashville and the court system over ruled TSSAA and ruled him eligible. The recent decision by the court actually rules in the favor of TSSAA on their original ruling on Wiseman. The TSSAA was right on this one.  

1 hour ago, mjuhb said:

James Wiseman just dropped his lawsuit, so his Memphis career is over and they will probably have to forfeit the games he played. 

They will only have to forfeit the one (1) game against UIC since they lost to Oregon not sure if his Memphis career is over yet but regardless I only wish the kid the best and he will still be the number one (1) overall pick in draft. 

1 hour ago, 87vikingalumni said:

They will only have to forfeit the one (1) game against UIC since they lost to Oregon not sure if his Memphis career is over yet but regardless I only wish the kid the best and he will still be the number one (1) overall pick in draft. 

Most of time the ncaa makes you repaid the money to be eligible. But James or his mother would repaying the 11K to Penny Hardaway. You know how credibly stupid that is, to get his eligibility back he has to pay his coach money. Just think about that. 

2 hours ago, mjuhb said:

James Wiseman just dropped his lawsuit, so his Memphis career is over and they will probably have to forfeit the games he played. 

This is completely untrue! Fake news alert!! He is temporarily ineligible, but the NCAA and Memphis are about to strike an agreement...some sort of agreed suspension before being able to play the remainder of the season. I wanted to post the actual truth...not wishful thinking and/or fake news!

41 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

This is completely untrue! Fake news alert!! He is temporarily ineligible, but the NCAA and Memphis are about to strike an agreement...some sort of agreed suspension before being able to play the remainder of the season. I wanted to post the actual truth...not wishful thinking and/or fake news!

10 games or a 3rd of the season, that’s what espn just reported. BTW most fake news turns out to be real news it’s just news that certain people don’t like. 

8 minutes ago, mjuhb said:

10 games or a 3rd of the season, that’s what espn just reported. BTW most fake news turns out to be real news it’s just news that certain people don’t like. 

False news is fake news. It may be in the news, but that does not make it real or true. As an example, Wiseman's career at Memphis is, in fact, not over and they may not have to forfeit any games whatsoever. Real news = truth