Round 2: Oneida @ Hampton

crow

9 minutes ago, kazam37 said:

Hello Guv.....just chiming in from the JuJu Hut....!  How is all the Flair-aholics.  I have had an extended stay on Space Mountain and the Rocket Ride to the top has been psychedelic...!  Glad to see all the Kings....Royalty (Pujo)….Uknowit…..and the rest of you old farts are still riding the mule.  Can say a little about the game, but other than my orange bleeding heart, don't really have too much investment tied to the kids.  Looks like points are going to be hard to get than a date with me in the JuJu hut.  That wacky smoke is holy ground for the Transcontinental Space Travelers.  Oh yeah, back to the game.  Hampton will have to stop Thunder Boy and Lightning.  Oneida will need to continue to lean on their defense as well.  I gonna go out on a limb and say the outcome might be decided by special team play or whichever team has the most success passing.  Look at these two stats at the end of the game.....passing yardage or special team points.  Call it a hunch....?

Kazalooloo

We've got our work cut out for us against that Oneida D....we protect & get to our blocks, we might move the ball for a couple first downs;  Our D has to be ready for that Oneida power O, meaning we gotta get good at shedding blocks and sticking our nose in there...I also hear they got a trick play or two for us; gotta be ready for that too....Any of our boys visiting a JuJu hut and losing focus for a play or two will likely cost us big in this one.

Yeah, in fact studying film isn't necessarily going to make you a genius against the
Tribe.  I have seen four different versions of this group.  I have seen the power running, the open offense with a passing game, special teams deciding the outcome, and whatever in the heck that Coalfield thing was (they are rarely that careless with the ball)  Hampton could see any version of the four, although I am betting the Indians won't turn it over 7 times.  Then again, film don't lie.....!

Kazooooooo 

24 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

We've got our work cut out for us against that Oneida D....we protect & get to our blocks, we might move the ball for a couple first downs;  Our D has to be ready for that Oneida power O, meaning we gotta get good at shedding blocks and sticking our nose in there...I also hear they got a trick play or two for us; gotta be ready for that too....Any of our boys visiting a JuJu hut and losing focus for a play or two will likely cost us big in this one.

Never seen coach Lambert do any trick plays in a playoff game.In 2012 first game of season he faked a punt on his first drive and scored on the next play BUT he knew he had to score with us to beat us because his D wasnt as good as he would like.If the offense can chew some clock and he can as Kaz said lean on his D this is his type of game.I an sure there will be NO razzle dazzle fri night!

Some would say the forward pass would constitute a trick play in Lambo's book....! <_<  Of course, now I am going to have to retire to the JuJu Hut to keep him from killing me for making that joke.  Seriously, in a game of this magnitude....you should consider anything you think will work.  I wouldn't think Lambert will keep anything in his pocket if he thinks it will give his team an edge.  In a perfect world for him they will jump on them like they did on North and milk out some clock.

Kaloon 

39 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Never seen coach Lambert do any trick plays in a playoff game.In 2012 first game of season he faked a punt on his first drive and scored on the next play BUT he knew he had to score with us to beat us because his D wasnt as good as he would like.If the offense can chew some clock and he can as Kaz said lean on his D this is his type of game.I an sure there will be NO razzle dazzle fri night!

Oooo there will be

1 hour ago, OmahaOmaha said:

Crow says the weather ain’t no different there and it ain’t colder. Y’all just try and get in opponents head with it. 

That is true concerning the weather in Hampton and Oneida.  The colder weather only applies to cland.  You can google the temps for Roan Mt and Elizabethton and see the difference. 

14 minutes ago, kazam37 said:

Some would say the forward pass would constitute a trick play in Lambo's book....! <_<  Of course, now I am going to have to retire to the JuJu Hut to keep him from killing me for making that joke.  Seriously, in a game of this magnitude....you should consider anything you think will work.  I wouldn't think Lambert will keep anything in his pocket if he thinks it will give his team an edge.  In a perfect world for him they will jump on them like they did on North and milk out some clock.

Kaloon 

Wooooooo!!!!!!  That's why I'm wearing alligator shoes that cost more than your house!  LOL.  Good to have you back,  Kazatoro :lol:

I do not believe the temp or weather will be much of a factor Friday.  Both of these teams have seen more than their share of games in this environment.  Both are probably well equipped to be "mudders".  It can be colder than a witches #### and neither one of these teams will be too effected by it.  

Kaz

1 hour ago, kazam37 said:

Yeah, in fact studying film isn't necessarily going to make you a genius against the
Tribe.  I have seen four different versions of this group.  I have seen the power running, the open offense with a passing game, special teams deciding the outcome, and whatever in the heck that Coalfield thing was (they are rarely that careless with the ball)  Hampton could see any version of the four, although I am betting the Indians won't turn it over 7 times.  Then again, film don't lie.....!

Kazooooooo 

Including the team that lost to HV, I've seen about 4 different Hampton team versions also....Don't ever want to see the one from earlier in the season again